Official 2013 NBA Free Agent List (w/Wes and Hak) | Syracusefan.com

Official 2013 NBA Free Agent List (w/Wes and Hak)

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I love reading this list every year to see how much some of these no talent has beens have earned in their career. Guys like Andrew Bynum who has done absolutely nothing has made 66 million dollars. He's a bum but I say good for Wes (12 million) and Hak (21 million).

Anyways, the list runs from 1-173 (Dwight Howard to Dwayne Jones). Personally I wouldn't rate DH number one, but it's not a great list.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency.htm

I love reading this list every year to see how much some of these no talent has beens have earned in their career. Guys like Andrew Bynum who has done absolutely nothing has made 66 million dollars. He's a bum but I say good for Wes (12 million) and Hak (21 million).

Anyways, the list runs from 1-173 (Dwight Howard to Dwayne Jones). Personally I wouldn't rate DH number one, but it's not a great list.

I live when that list comes out as well. Thanks for posting. How about:

Andray Blatche at $29M is a lot as well. I read it wrong originally.

44cuse

Darko Milicic has made $52 million. I am shocked. What did he ever do... besides being drafted ahead of Carmelo?

Darko Milicic has made $52 million. I am shocked. What did he ever do... besides being drafted ahead of Carmelo?

He grew to be 7-feet tall.

Looking at some of those 7-footer numbers is ridiculous: DeSagana Diop has raked in $47 million, Joel Przybilla $45 million, Darko at $52 million, Jason Collins $34 million...

None have ever averaged double digits in points or rebounds...

You read these and you have to remind yourself this is real money and not Monopoly. Fans get shafted in the end.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You read these and you have to remind yourself this is real money and not Monopoly. Fans get shafted in the end.

So frigging 100% right. I'm not a big "regulation" guy in the macro sense...but this is a combination of owner greed and unions that create this scenario. There is a huge pie to divvy up (relatively speaking) and guys with "potential" or "size" get big dollars because they _might_ be good. And I get that piece of it...as structured I would do the exact same thing. But it shouldn't be that way.

At the end of the day, the fans have to sit there and watch as these "potential based" contracts destroy any chance of winning for guys that don't hit. It sucks.

44cuse

Bjorn at 21 with over 52 mill earned. Impressed.

#ForeverBjorn

You read these and you have to remind yourself this is real money and not Monopoly.

Actually, I read this and intentionally don't remind myself this is real money.

Juwan Howard is last on that list.

He's made $150,000,000.

Bynum did average 25+ mins on two NBA championship teams, but I hear what you are saying.

My surprises..
Corey Maggette at $89M
Earl Watson at $41M
Luke Walton at $34M
Josh Howard at $39M
Francisco Garcia at $28M

Bynum is a really good player if (there's that word) he is healthy.

The Blatche thing is hilarious; he was amnestied by the Wiz, which means they need to pay his remaining salary, minus whatever contract he signs with a new team. So he intentionally signed a deal for the minimum so the Wiz have to pay more money.

The Blatche thing is hilarious; he was amnestied by the Wiz, which means they need to pay his remaining salary, minus whatever contract he signs with a new team. So he intentionally signed a deal for the minimum so the Wiz have to pay more money.

While I agree that's hilarious, that also seems very costly on his end.

While I agree that's hilarious, that also seems very costly on his end.

As long he doesn't make more than his deal with the Wiz (which won't happen), it doesn't matter.

Say the Wiz owe him $7 million a year for the next 4 years. If he takes the vet minimum, which is like $1.5 million, then the Wiz owe him $5.5 million per year. If he signs for say $3 million, then they owe 4. As long as he doesn't sign for more than 7, it doesn't really matter. It's just a matter of who is cutting the check

As long he doesn't make more than his deal with the Wiz (which won't happen), it doesn't matter.

Say the Wiz owe him $7 million a year for the next 4 years. If he takes the vet minimum, which is like $1.5 million, then the Wiz owe him $5.5 million per year. If he signs for say $3 million, then they owe 4. As long as he doesn't sign for more than 7, it doesn't really matter. It's just a matter of who is cutting the check

Ahhhhhhhhh... I thought he got full value of the amnestied contract, plus the value of the new contract for some reason.

Ahhhhhhhhh... I thought he got full value of the amnestied contract, plus the value of the new contract for some reason.

I'm not totally sure, but from what I have read, it works how i explained it. With the CBA, who the hell knows for sure...

I thought that too, but I guess Knicks 411 helps explain why amnestied players will sign on the cheap. I always assumed it's because they saw the second contract as a "bonus." But this would mean it's just because there is no extra money to be had.

I can't believe Wes is the 91st best FA! When he finally got a chance in Phoenix, he played well!

I can't believe Wes is the 91st best FA! When he finally got a chance in Phoenix, he played well!
Yeah, I think the next team that signs him will end up getting a lot of value out of that deal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No way all of these numbers are accurate. Kenyan Martin has definitely earned more than 2.1 million over his career. He played for the Nets as a starter in 2 NBA championship finals seasons.

Be surprised if hak finds an nba roster next year. Sadly. Good guy.

Kenyon has made over 100 million.

It's not the fans that get shafted: they have a choice to pay or not. It's the taxpayers who are forced to subsidize pro sports teams, with sweetheart stadium/arena deals, even if they don't want to.

You read these and you have to remind yourself this is real money and not Monopoly. Fans choose to get shafted in the end.

fixed.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2