Official Game Thread NC State | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Official Game Thread NC State

The crowd was booing because none of them knew you can't advance an onside kick. I did my best trying to tell as many people as I could.

Maybe they're just booing the rule. Which is dumb. Or that 4 seconds ran off the clock when you can't advance the ball. Which is dumb. Or the OL. Which was invisible.

rrlbees said:
The crowd was booing because none of them knew you can't advance an onside kick. I did my best trying to tell as many people as I could.

Exactly. Everyone was booing the refs, not the team. It was a struggle to explain.

rrlbees said:

Too bad we don't have a PA guy who could provide an explanation to the crowd.

Scooch said:
Too bad we don't have a PA guy who could provide an explanation to the crowd.

That would have helped. Fans were calling the refs every name in the book. Thought they screwed us out of a TD because of a whistle.

I've never seen someone cleanly grab an onsides kick and run it for a score in all my years of watching football.

So I didn't know the rule.

I've never seen someone cleanly grab an onsides kick and run it for a score in all my years of watching football.

So I didn't know the rule.

I saw it once in a NY Giants game.

Games like this are why our students stay in their dorms and watch afternoon SEC games.

Yet locals with no connection to the school are ripped to shreds for doing the same.

ClkWrkOrange said:
Yet locals with no connection to the school are ripped to shreds for doing the same.

They probably don't live in co-ed dorms. Totally different.

Scooch said:
They probably don't live in co-ed dorms. Totally different.

Well done.