Official lets blame the officials thread | Syracusefan.com

Official lets blame the officials thread

They clearly had it out for us...right?
Ha - the moving screen call was terrible, as was the CJ non call, but missing 15 ft's and having a long series of defensive lapses were probably larger factors in the loss...

they missed the over and back call as well. but really if MCW makes a few FT's we are fine.

The D and the inability to get all the long rebounds was killer.

Yes cause if they didn't call so many fouls on Temple SU would not have an opportunity to brick so many free throws.

Game was poorly officiated on both ends. Terrible game for mcw and the defense was atrocious. Mcw did not look like a top 5 pick today. He hasn't hit a jump shot in a while.

Let's be blunt though - they did make some horrible calls in the last couple minutes that directly impacted the final result. Game could have gone either way at the end if they called the game properly then.

Officials were inconsistent but our poor effort probably played just a tiny bit more of a role in this loss.

Officiating was pretty bad at the end. Should have made a 10 point win for Cuse a 6 point win though. No wy we should have been in that position regardless of the officials.

What did you want them to do? Put us on the line even more so we could embarrass ourselves even more from the line? I think we had one three today. MCW was only average at best today and our bigs couldn't finish inside. Keita played well, but you noticed Coleman played about three minutes because he can't defend. This team has some warts and Temple exploited all of them. If MCW can't create offense for us, we have no offense.

My post was in jest. Admins can probably just pin a ref complaining thread to the top after each loss though. Keep it in one spot

Temple pretty much did what the stripes gave them, which is part of the formula to beat SU. See Pitt, Butler.

The other 2 parts are have a guy get a career night and miss half our foul shots.

they missed the over and back call as well. but really if MCW makes a few FT's we are fine.

The D and the inability to get all the long rebounds was killer.
And I think there was a travel along the baseline inbounds once too.

Temple pretty much did what the stripes gave them, which is part of the formula to beat SU. See Pitt, Butler.

The other 2 parts are have a guy get a career night and miss half our foul shots.
And the fourth part is to seemingly give up an offensive rebound on on just about every possession-even missed free throws. Frustrating.

@WAERSPORTS: Overheard outside SU locker room: JB telling official, "Good job. But I don't think you needed to call that pick that cost us the game."

Ha - the moving screen call was terrible, as was the CJ non call, but missing 15 ft's and having a long series of defensive lapses were probably larger factors in the loss...

I thought the officials f'ed us this game. If they hadn't called so many fouls on Temple and sent us to the line so much we might have won.

@WAERSPORTS: Overheard outside SU locker room: JB telling official, "Good job. But I don't think you needed to call that pick that cost us the game."

That or Triche's missed 3, our lackluster performance on the boards or MCW's bushel of missed free throws. I hate blaming anything on officials when we did so much in our own right to cost ourselves the game.

I thought the officials f'ed us this game. If they hadn't called so many fouls on Temple and sent us to the line so much we might have won.

LOL--hope you didn't plagiarize like this at the Cuse...:) (OrlandoCuse said the same thing earlier in this same thread)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom