Official Syracuse (#1) at Duke (#5) Thread|Roll Call|Weekend Activities | Syracusefan.com

Official Syracuse (#1) at Duke (#5) Thread|Roll Call|Weekend Activities

mlbball99

2nd String
Well the game is finally upon us-and it is shaping up to me yet another classic.

I am excited to have fellow SU Alums and fans come down to Durham, North Carolina for the weekend.
Few things that I am aware of so far.

At 5PM the doors open to students. I am not sure if this for regular ticket holders as well. From 6PM-7PM will be ESPN College Gameday live at Cameron Indoor.

If you cannot make it to the game, but will be in the area, Syracuse Alumni Club of Raleigh is hosting a game watch at Tobacco Road Sports Cafe. More information can be found here: (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/syracuse-at-duke-game-watch-tickets-10528429817)

If you are coming down for the weekend, I have not heard any special plans for Friday evening. I know the Maryland team and alumni all stayed at the Washington Duke Inn on campus last week, and there were a lot of Maryland alumni at the hotel bar. I plan on going there as well.

Lastly, a ROLL CALL: I will be in the Grad student section (under the hoop) with about 6 other SU alums wearing Orange. Look for us.

P.S. #BEATDUKE!!

If there are any SU fans coming down on Friday, I'm organizing a Happy Hour (not Syracuse specific) at The OC located in Raleigh at Cameron Village. More than welcome to attend! I'll be wearing Orange that day and always look for a way to turn Raleigh orange. Let me know and I'll give you details.

Lastly, a ROLL CALL: I will be in the Grad student section (under the hoop) with about 6 other SU alums wearing Orange. Look for us.

P.S. #BEATDUKE!!

Under which hoop?

How long before tip-off are fans normally allowed into Cameron? I suspect they will let us in 90 minutes pre-tip-off (as most other venues do). I mean, don't they want us to spend time in their "museum" before the game starts? (I don't mean to deprecate their "museum" or "shrine" or whatever they call it. It's actually a pretty interesting place, and I recommend it to any one who has not seen it).

Last edited:
For the Maryland game, doors opened at 4:30Pm for a 6Pm tipoff. Rules may be a bit different for College Gameday this week but I am not too sure.

Also-I will be under the hoop on the Cuse bench side

For the Maryland game, doors opened at 4:30Pm for a 6Pm tipoff. Rules may be a bit different for College Gameday this week but I am not too sure.

Also-I will be under the hoop on the Cuse bench side
Please let me know if you find out what times doors open. I'd like to get there as early as possible.

Anyone been to this place before?

Yes. It's in downtown Durham. LOTS of TVs. Food selection isn't too big, but it's a classy sports bar. They have an outdoor patio that is right above right field for the Durham Bulls baseball stadium.

Yes. It's in downtown Durham. LOTS of TVs. Food selection isn't too big, but it's a classy sports bar. They have an outdoor patio that is right above right field for the Durham Bulls baseball stadium.

I know exactly where that is, excellent. Thank you!

Hi ya, new member here long time Orange fan (since the late 80's)

From Lockport NY (outside of buffalo/niagara falls) moved to Wilmington NC in 1997.

I got a ticket to Cuse @ Duke game, can't wait.
We traveled up to the Dome for Villanova game this past December, definitely looking forward to seeing this game in Cameron.

My ticket is up in section 3, just me this time as my wife didn't want to spend that much for the 4 of us :)

Hope to see a lot of Orange there.

Go Cuse!
Beat Dook!

Jamestown, NY transplanted to Iowa. I have a good buddy I play softball with that is a huge Duke fan (actually very knowledgable and humble, unlike a lot of the typicle Duke bandwagoners). We will likely watch the game together in my basement bar as the wife and kids will be gone for the evening. This depends of course on whether or not he is given enough of a furlough from his 'ol lady to come over for the game. Being as that is literally all the time she gave him last time...game and back...

First time poster, long time lurker. I'll be flying up to the game from Texas with my 7 yr old son and meeting my father who is coming in from Maryland. We plan on getting into Durham early to take it all in. Duke site seems to indicate visitors get let in an hour before game time, but if anyone finds out that has changed due to hype of game, ESPN gameday, etc. please post. Section 9 for us (thank you Santa).

My kid got a new Rakeem #25 jersey recently (outgrowing his CJ). Actually the day of the Pitt game. It had been delivered on doorstep but we didn't know until late in the Pitt game when wife checked. He put it on with about 3 mins to go in that game and wore it for the NC State game. We all know how Pitt ended and what Rak did vs NC State. The timing of the unveiling of the jersey makes me confident it brings significant positive mojo to the team and Christmas, so not worried about Duke as the jersey will be at the game.

Grew up in Cuse going to games entire childhood in section 212 before I moved away from area. Going to SU games and following the program has been such a big part of my life and has been a constant source of discussion and pride between father and son for decades. My son is already a diehard, but can't wait for him to experience his first SU game this weekend. Absolutely on pins and needles in anticipation.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205356624

I'm just praying I can find it televised or on the internet, one way or another.

Thats great AJDavCuse,

My daughters are 5 and 7 and can't wait for the game (to see if they can find daddy in the stands of course). My younger one asks me every morning if Cuse is playing. If so she wears her Orange sweater and blue skirt and orange socks.

So is there a meet up prior to the game>?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom