Official vs unofficial visits | Syracusefan.com

Official vs unofficial visits

CaliBob'63

Walk On
What are the rules for these two types of visits? Who pays? When can they occur? Maximum number? Coach and current player involvement? Must they be invited? Duration? Does a schoolhave a limit on number of them...or expense reimbursement allowed? Thanks...appreciate the insight.

I believe they can do as many unofficial visits they want. Unofficial means they pay the way and I believe can have no or very limited contact with the coaches.

As for officials, players are allotted 5. Official visits allow contact with the coaches and, I believe, the schools pay for them or partially pay for them (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I believe they can do as many unofficial visits they want. Unofficial means they pay the way and I believe can have no or very limited contact with the coaches.

As for officials, players are allotted 5. Official visits allow contact with the coaches and, I believe, the schools pay for them or partially pay for them (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Only because it might confuse a recruiting newbie..Five total officials..but only one per school. Syntax is like grammar.;)

What are the rules for these two types of visits? Who pays? When can they occur? Maximum number? Coach and current player involvement? Must they be invited? Duration? Does a schoolhave a limit on number of them...or expense reimbursement allowed? Thanks...appreciate the insight.

Having been through this with my daughter: unofficial visit means parents pay there own way all costs of the visit. Parents and the kid can have as much contact as they wish with coaches and discuss anything involved regarding the program the kid what the coaches project etc. but only within the confines of the campus. Official school pays for legitimate travel and lodging expense for the prospect only (parents, guardians, friends must pay their own way) prospect normally assigned to a host team member and stays on campus fully immersed in the college experience usually attending a class eating some meals at college dining. Also during the official the host is allowed $15 per day to entertain the prospect off campus as long as all such activities occur within a five mile radius of the campu and prospect must end their official visit and leave the campus within 72 hours of the time of their arrival. Oh and official visits can only be taken after September 1 of the senior year.

Peace out!