Officiating Tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Officiating Tonight...

bpo57

Living Legend
I am hoping we get a crew that calls a fairly tight game. Both Sullinger and Craft have a tendency to commit fouls. We have more depth than them and the zone can cope better with foul trouble anyway as long as our two centers don't both get in foul trouble.

Just curious but has higgins or burr reffed any games this tourney? At least the ncaa got something right bc i havent seen em

I looked at the ref schedule website and I don't know when it was last updated but apparently:

Higgins has done a couple of NIT games but no NCAA tourney games.

Burr has not worked since the BET final.

Again, I don't know if the site is up to date.

I just hope that SU gets away with all of the slapping/grabbing and push offs that Craft and Sullinger get away with.

I hope for a real tight game. Our second team will kill theirs.

I am hoping we get a crew that calls a fairly tight game. Both Sullinger and Craft have a tendency to commit fouls. We have more depth than them and the zone can cope better with foul trouble anyway as long as our two centers don't both get in foul trouble.
Wanna retract your wish for a tightly called game

The whistles wouldn't stop blowing they made it 100 a halfcourt game with 0 transition.
Sure enough we will hear from the analaysists that was OSU doing instead of the refs.

We knew this was coming but F you world because we have no excuses we played bad offense and lost!
No fun for you enjoying our sadness!
Not this year!
First year without a excuse so go ahead and brag how you took Melo out all you want. Our offense lost this game and we know it.

Post up isolation= guards will get back on D to stop transition that really showed tonight for OSU tonight. Bad halfcourt offense just adds to that drought because they can keep throwing it into the post not risking our transition threat.

Wanna retract your wish for a tightly called game

Never imagined it would be THAT tight. Yikes. There were at least a half dozen calls that were phantom calls. I'd say they went against SU by a 2 to 1 ratio. Was not one of the main reasons why SU lost but I would say it was at least a minor factor.

They let Sullinger be a bull. Poor Keita and Christmas didn't have the bulk to push back without looking like a foul.

They let Sullinger be a bull. Poor Keita and Christmas didn't have the bulk to push back without looking like a foul.
The non charge call where he knocked kieta into the upper deck was truly an amazing no call.

He also got the benefit of a few phantom calls where he initiated the contact - most notably when Xmas picked up his 4th foul. Never touched him, but got called for the foul because sully missed the shot - big game changer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom