OGBJ is still here but not posting any BB comments out of Respect of the SU Program/Fans. | Syracusefan.com

OGBJ is still here but not posting any BB comments out of Respect of the SU Program/Fans.

OGBJ20

Starter
Self imposed gag order. Look forward to seeing my SU family at the games. Very excited to be apart of team and what's ahead. Let's GO ORANGE!!!
BJ SU3.jpg

I don't post often, but I read postings religiously. I respect your decision and have enjoyed your insights and perspective, but I think I speak for many when I say please reconsider. We all have our biases about certain players and we know who you are and how much you love your son. But we all come here because we love SU hoops and are passionate about our team. You are part of the SU family and should be respected as much as we ALL should respect each other's opinions, regardless of agreement. So please, continue with your postings!
That is just my opinion...

Self imposed gag order. Look forward to seeing my SU family at the games. Very excited to be apart of team and what's ahead. Let's GO ORANGE!!! View attachment 4658
As a parent of a player, I don't want to be a distraction to the program and BJ progress/relationship to his team by making comments over the media airways. I only want the best for BJ and his team and I won't be the one to let him/them down. Let's go ORANGE!!!SUball and have watched the games. BJ has called me after every game to get my input. Very pleased at this point.
BJ SU10.jpg

As a parent of a player, I don't want to be a distraction to the program and BJ progress/relationship to his team by making comments over the media airways. I only want the best for BJ and his team and I won't be the one to let him/them down. Let's go ORANGE!!!SUball and have watched the games. BJ has called me after every game to get my input. Very pleased at this point.
View attachment 4659

No need to explain, brother. I would do the same thing. And as a long time SU fan I am also VERY pleased at this point with BJ's play. I'm sure you already gave him the speech, but he should never take the press close to heart, positive or negative. Stay focused on school, ball, and enjoy the experience of learning under some of the best in the game. He already has a strong foundation of fundamentals from what I have seen, and he is clearly driven to succeed. He will do fine. Patience and hard work is all you need.

View attachment 4659
Enjoyed your insights on BJ, and my thoughts are that JB got a steal, at the next level he will be a shooting guard, with the ability to play some point. We will all enjoy the next few years as orange fans, thanks to your family, and son.

BJ has as much potential as any player on this team imo.
Really like how he can shoot and change direction behind the back through some pressure thats more of a SG or Point forwards Skill. That behind the back change of direction reminds me of Edelin in a way the ability to back his man down better then a college SF.

Sweet Sweet stroke very fluent confident and varies from a high arc to a line drive one. Love that fact.

Hes a freshmen. If he finds a 3rd gear and once he speeds up that pullup he could be a 2 with the tenacity to shoot alot like a true SG, in a 3's body. I expect BJ and ron to play big minutes tonight. :)

You should be very proud. He's getting aggressive, taking his own shots when they're there. I saw another pic with his head up as he passes the ball up court. Thanks for posting, Bobby. I will send you a pm if I make a trip up early in the season. BJ's on a great pace, not only contributing, but getting points in bulk when asked.
http://suathletics.syr.edu/documents/2013/8/23/Bishops8.22.13.pdf?id=7731
-e2da25acde79ad46.jpg

View attachment 4659

I understand your decision and it's probably a wise one even though I will miss your insight. From what I have seen so far, I've been impressed with BJ. One thing BJ won't be able to say is that his dad wasn't involved in his life. Great job on being a father!

If I'm not mistaken, Alec Lemon's dad did the same during his football career. Turned out to be a wise move and while we enjoy his postings it's a smart and logical move. Every indication so far is that the Johnson family will be similar to the Lemons, and that's high praise indeed.

Did anyone notice BJ push the ball with tight dribble late in the game? He switched hands too, and seemed pretty controlled. Does this mean everyone can say we won't turn the ball over?
Handle
Ennis: Check.
G: Check (protects the ball with his body, like most big PGs do).
Cooney: Not that bad against a couple of gritty, mid-season, competitive Canadian schools.
Buss and BJ: both have had speed and enough to bring the ball up and set the offense.

Should be ok possession-wise, as compared to last year. ;)

Did anyone notice BJ push the ball with tight dribble late in the game? He switched hands too, and seemed pretty controlled. Does this mean everyone can say we won't turn the ball over?
Handle
Ennis: Check.
G: Check (protects the ball with his body, like most big PGs do).
Cooney: Not that bad against a couple of gritty, mid-season, competitive Canadian schools.
Buss and BJ: both have had speed and enough to bring the ball up and set the offense.

Should be ok possession-wise, as compared to last year. ;)

That really caught my attention too when BJ took it up. That was really smooth, under control dribbling for his size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom