Oh No!!! The class is falling apart. | Syracusefan.com

Oh No!!! The class is falling apart.

GoSU96

Living Legend
1. Manley is looking for another school to compare SU to, to validate his choice and give him something to compare to. Everything I've read is that he fully intends to go to SU, but how is it unreasonable or an indictment of SU's recruiting that the kid is doing some due diligence.

2. Owens, from Orlando, Florida, decides to go to school in Miami after visiting here in January. Shocking. Here's a newsflash, once and a while a kid will decide to go to school closer to home when the reality of distance and weather hit. It's a personal choice, didn't have anything to do with staff, who was recruiting him, or not hearing from the school after the commitment.

3. Brantley, is the most disapointing news, I have no idea why he is looking now, other that he has an offer from a SEC school.

4. Whitehurst, kid has been shopping for a better deal for months.

There is nothing unusual about this level of volitilty. Assuming root causes, failures, inattention with NO evidence is ridiculous, if not harmful to the effort.

I hope Marrone isn't reacting with the level of panic the summer soliders do here.

any further update with Wayne Morgan and PSU / Wisconsin?

any further update with Wayne Morgan and PSU / Wisconsin?

You probably know as much or more than I do about that. Only thing I've seen is that he's down to SU and Uconn.

Didn't Marrone say that he encourages the recruits to use all their visits just to reinforce their decision to attend SU?

Isn't Brantley making the trip with a team mate? Also, has it been confirmed that he even has a Mizzou offer before the visit?

Just because these guys have other schools interested doesn't mean A) they have been offered or B) they would flip even if they did.

FWIW I think Brantley, Manley, and Morgan all end up at SU.

Isn't Brantley making the trip with a team mate? Also, has it been confirmed that he even has a Mizzou offer before the visit?

Just because these guys have other schools interested doesn't mean A) they have been offered or B) they would flip even if they did.

FWIW I think Brantley, Manley, and Morgan all end up at SU.

Hope you're right!

One week to go. Lets close this out strong!

Bottom line is that it's all speculation and we will find out in 6 days whether he can close the deal and keep these guys. Hopefully there will be some positive surprises as well.
As I stated earlier DM has been excellent at limiting the flips so hopefully that trend continues and we can all bask in the glory of an excellent class next week.
I think there just isn't much to talk about now so the void is being filled with a lot of negativity.

Bradley like Manley only took one official visit to date...to Syracuse...he wants to compare

He also said his mom wants him closer to home and is not thrilled with Missouri being so far away

Bradley like Manley only took one official visit to date...to Syracuse...he wants to compare

He also said his mom wants him closer to home and is not thrilled with Missouri being so far away
I'd be shocked if after all this time Brantley jumped to Missouri of all places at the last minute.

Why doesn't everyone look at it this way ...

1) SU previously had no issue with potential decommits because no school of value was interested in them.

2) Now, SU has to worry about guys being poached because they are a higher level of player who draws more interest.

3) That means the recruiting level of SU is going up. Yay.

4) SU needs to get to the point that a) they get "solid-er" commitments from guys, b) they don't have to jump on under the radar guys but can work on above the radar guys, c) they can fight off and keep potential decommits, and d) are able to poach the occasional guy they want from other schools.

It's good that other schools want the guys you have verbals from. Re-recruiting them after crashing and burning over the last half of the season sucks, and isn't a suggested recruiting technique. They wouldn't have had that problem if they'd won another game.

Kev

Earlier this afternoon, Menelik Watson, a 6-foot-6, 320 pound JUCO OL became Florida State's 16th commitment for the 2012

1. Manley is looking for another school to compare SU to, to validate his choice and give him something to compare to. Everything I've read is that he fully intends to go to SU, but how is it unreasonable or an indictment of SU's recruiting that the kid is doing some due diligence.

2. Owens, from Orlando, Florida, decides to go to school in Miami after visiting here in January. Shocking. Here's a newsflash, once and a while a kid will decide to go to school closer to home when the reality of distance and weather hit. It's a personal choice, didn't have anything to do with staff, who was recruiting him, or not hearing from the school after the commitment.

3. Brantley, is the most disapointing news, I have no idea why he is looking now, other that he has an offer from a SEC school.

There is nothing unusual about this level of volitilty. Assuming root causes, failures, inattention with NO evidence is ridiculous, if not harmful to the effort.

I hope Marrone isn't reacting with the level of panic the summer soliders do here.

According to your logic, we should be happy if all of our commits decide to start visiting other schools for comparison purposes, commit to the local university and shop for a better deal. You can't blame some people here if they are worried that some of these commits start wavering. It's not like we are in a position to find easy replacements for these guys.

According to your logic, we should be happy if all of our commits decide to start visiting other schools for comparison purposes, commit to the local university and shop for a better deal. You can't blame some people here if they are worried that some of these commits start wavering. It's not like we are in a position to find easy replacements for these guys.

Really, I didn't realize I said that.

While these guys are now getting interest from these other schools, they're generally all Plan B's for these schools. Hope they realize that.

Earlier this afternoon, Menelik Watson, a 6-foot-6, 320 pound JUCO OL became Florida State's 16th commitment for the 2012

what's your point for posting this?

Watson had offers from Auburn, Cal, Kansas State, Indiana, Washington, West Virginia and buttgers and d1AA san diego state.

It may not be falling apart, but it's the same ol same ol.

Yeah...keep telling yourself everything is just fine. Just like you did when P & D were leading the program down the toilet.

Yeah...keep telling yourself everything is just fine. Just like you did when P & D were leading the program down the toilet.
sorry i don't blame p&d or marrone. they are but instruments in the scheme.ya gotta have something to sell.

It may not be falling apart, but it's the same ol same ol.

Please elaborate (or perhaps you have and I missed it?).

This class, from top to bottom, is deeper and more talented than any we have seen in a number of years. Add to that pretty decent (IMO) classes in each of the last two years that were forced to play way too early. I think recruiting, while not being spectacular, is just fine.

Brantley is the only one that I'd be pissed about leaving -- Owens I'm upset about but a kid wanted to stay home... happens a lot.

Uh, I've been saying from the beginning that there is a ton of work to be done, and it isn't close to finished.

Lack of completion is not the same as lack of progress, and it certaintly isn't regression. The fact that you and others can't comprehend that is your problem.

This class, from top to bottom, is deeper and more talented than any we have seen in a number of years.

I have a hunch you are right and I'm happy with the recruiting based on what I know but, by the same token, I have no idea how people make statements like this. Recruiting is fun and interesting and frustrating and any other adjective you want to use, but at the end of the day no one has any clue how "good" it really was.

What I do agree with is that we seem to have kids lined up earlier and they seem to be arriving on campus (at least within a year of signing) more frequently than they were at the end of the P era which should help us develop depth and benefit from greater competition for PT. Beyond that, I'm not sure how we can grade these classes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom