Oh, Sparty... | Syracusefan.com

Oh, Sparty...

Down 1 with the ball, 2 seconds left. Timeout called.

Eron Harris misses two FTs with 3.5 seconds left and MSU takes a 78-77 lead into final 2.4. Timeout FGCU.

Mike Waters ‏@MikeWatersSYR
Whoa! We have a repeat of the '72 Munich Olympics with the clock operator in East Lansing. The Michigan State clock started with the inbounds pass in the air. They've got to replay that. Bogus.

I was flipping between that and the football, did they make them replay it?

I was flipping between that and the football, did they make them replay it?
No, but they said that if the shot went in that it would have counted. Basically a loose interpretation of the rules.

They messed up my 5 team parlay. Last game on the ticket.....

Although I was born and raised in Rome as a die hard Orangemen fan, I am also a proud FGCU alum. We got screwed. Should have been at least a replay, not to mention we got screwed on the attempted inbound pass the play before where 8 tenths ran off. However, it's encouraging knowing that this is going to be a great year between Cuse and FGCU!

They messed up my 5 team parlay. Last game on the ticket...
FGCU is very deep, experienced, and talented. If you have the chance to get them with points, take it. They damn near knocked Sparty off tonight in East Lansing without Marc Eddy Norelia, their best player.

Next year, Ricky Doyle, a former 5 star center that transferred from Michigan is eligible. It's ridiculous how this program has been building off of what Andy Enfield started...

FGCU is very deep, experienced, and talented. If you have the chance to get them with points, take it. They damn near knocked Sparty off tonight in East Lansing without Marc Eddy Norelia, their best player.

Next year, Ricky Doyle, a former 5 star center that transferred from Michigan is eligible. It's ridiculous how this program has been building off of what Andy Enfield started...

Thank you for the info! I'll be keeping that in mind.

If you ever ran the clock at a game it's the worse possible job!

"With 1.6 seconds remaining, Florida Gulf Coast's Christian Terrell threw a long inbounds pass from underneath his own basket. But the clock incorrectly started when the pass was thrown rather than when Antravious Simmonscaught the ball by the foul line at the other end of the court."

How much could they have used Thompson this year? And White for that matter. Its no wonder we were competing with them for these late additions, Izzo knew they had a need for bigs and shooting.

good luck hitting a five team parlay ever.

I usually throw a couple in a week. Only throw five bucks on it so it's not a big deal. Have hit them a bunch of times over time. Probably way down on them regardless but they're not impossible. Missed on two this weekend. Sparty screwed me as well as Air Force football. Would have hit both of them...

There was a controversial ending in the Raptors-Kings NBA game as well that was somewhat similar last night.

That was ridiculous. Rule needs to be changed. Kid forced the shot up because he heard the buzzer. Refs messed up again.

good luck hitting a five team parlay ever.

Actually like this one I put in for today. Again, the 5 teamers are for fun. Put my money on Butler and Texas today.
Kavs1dV.png

No, but they said that if the shot went in that it would have counted. Basically a loose interpretation of the rules.

That is the ultimate screw you, ya coach it would have counted if it went in, but it didn't, so haha you lose.

Disclaimer: About to go a little OT to talk about the school that is second only to the Orange.

I'm a diehard Eagle too. I think that once Marc Eddy is back that team will be very difficult to beat and has the right mix of veteran leadership and three point shooting ability to make a little noise in March. As a team they have shot 44.7% from deep with five different players making at least five through the first four games. Even at 1-3 the losses were to UF 80-59( 3 point game with 12 to go and the Gators went on a game clinching run and put the game out of reach), Baylor 81-72( 1 point game with 2:40 to play before the Bears pulled away), and then last night's game against MSU which I don't need to expound upon. I'm hoping Marc is back by mid-december at the latest and think once he knocks off the rust they can beat every team left on the schedule.

Next season could be even better, even with Norelia and Morant gone we get back pretty much everyone else and add Doyle and CJ Williamson 6'6 CG from Texas Tech, who would be very reminiscent of the type of guards SU has recruited in the recent past. Also got a kid named Brian Thomas who picked FGCU over Mississippi St. and I wouldn't be shocked if there is one more added to the class of 2017, most likely another big man.

Eagle Glasses off,
Orange Glasses back on! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom