oh well, win the next 2 | Syracusefan.com

oh well, win the next 2

very damaging week, but we got 2 crappy teams coming up at home. win them and we’ll be 15-9 (8-5), that will get us back in the bubble picture. still a bunch of winnable games left

I don’t think NC State is crappy, but yes those two games really need to be wins. Then roll the dice and try to steal one of the road games against Louisville or FSU. If they pull that off they are right back in the bubble picture heading into the homestretch.

Last night hurt but it took a very good game from Duke across the board to win.

What last night also showed is that no doubt losing Hughes would hurt ( it's highly likely), Dolezaj is truly the player we can't lose. If we can get Marek back and bring in Tape along with the two freshman, an improved and serviceable JBA, next year has some hope. I don't disagree with how we can get back on the bubble but the last two losses have shown just how close we are in terms of needing a couple more pieces.

GoOrangeouch.gif

What last night also showed is that no doubt losing Hughes would hurt ( it's highly likely), Dolezaj is truly the player we can't lose. If we can get Marek back and bring in Tape along with the two freshman, an improved and serviceable JBA, next year has some hope. I don't disagree with how we can get back on the bubble but the last two losses have shown just how close we are in terms of needing a couple more pieces.
Imagine if everyone came back next year, how that team would look. My understanding though is we have to lose someone as we don’t have enough scholarships. My solution to that is Buddy goes down to walk on. Wasn’t he a “walk on” his freshman year?

Imagine if everyone came back next year, how that team would look. My understanding though is we have to lose someone as we don’t have enough scholarships. My solution to that is Buddy goes down to walk on. Wasn’t he a “walk on” his freshman year?

No. Buddy was never a walk-on.

Joe
Buddy
Marek
Quincy

That will be a solid 4 to start with. Need to work Goodine in there and someone to step up at the 5 who can bang with the big boys. Every team we have lost to this year basically came down to getting destroyed in the paint.

Joe
Buddy
Marek
Quincy

That will be a solid 4 to start with. Need to work Goodine in there and someone to step up at the 5 who can bang with the big boys. Every team we have lost to this year basically came down to getting destroyed in the paint.
The C spot is Bouramas next year. Hopefully one of the freshman develop and press him for playing time. Assuming his legs recover, big bad Bobby Braswell replaces Eli, with Q coming off the bench. That’s a tourney team, top 25 if Eli returns

The C spot is Bouramas next year. Hopefully one of the freshman develop and press him for playing time. Assuming his legs recover, big bad Bobby Braswell replaces Eli, with Q coming off the bench. That’s a tourney team, top 25 if Eli returns
I’ve seen nothing for braswell at all to give him a starting spot. Q def starts but I’d love to see us bring in Towns as a grad transfer to replace Hughes. Than we are set at one wing position for the next two years.(granted he hasn’t lost anything due to his injuries)

why are we recruiting a grad transfer center then

Joe
Buddy
Marek
Quincy

If no Hughes...forgetaboutit

Season pretty much hinges on winning at either FSU or Lville. Short of at least one win against those teams and we’re going to need to make the ACCt finals.

Oh, and all the scenarios above mean we still win at least 12 games in the ACC.

This starting 4 is at best a middle of the ACC team.

I think this is fair. I think there is a ceiling that will be hard to breakthrough without a serious upgrade at the center position in terms of productivity and an injection of athleticism.

I think we can be a solid middle of the pack ACC team and make the tourney. While not where I want us to be, with the current roster and potential incoming players, I think that's a solid year.

UNC has four McDonalds All Americans coming in next year with a potential fifth.

Duke has three.

NC State has one who I believe is a top five player and overall strong recruiting class.

I think we can be in the second tier.

We need better players to make the jump to top tier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom