Ohio vs Temple | Syracusefan.com

Ohio vs Temple

OrangeMuskyFish

Starter
Anyone else watching this game? I think some folk who complain about the recruiting might want to check it out. We all know how competitive Temple has become, including sending a big monster to the Jets in last year's draft. But Ohio looks very intriguing as well. Their kicker was wide on a 53-yard boot, but may have had enough for 60, they have a WR and a RB that look like they have the type of quicks that would put us in the top-25 if we could throw them into the mix here, and a very smooth QB with a good arm in Tettleton (MICKEY'S KID!!!).

Temple sucks. Words cannot express how glad I am SU is no longer in a conference that Temple may someday be a member of.

Temple sucks. Words cannot express how glad I am SU is no longer in a conference that Temple may someday be a member of.

Agree that I am glad to not be going to the same conference again, just seems too much like the ultimate punchline in this whole tale of ineptitude... but to say they suck is obviously untrue. I just don't like it when people act depressed when they see a recruiting target's other offers come from schools like them.

Agree that I am glad to not be going to the same conference again, just seems too much like the ultimate punchline in this whole tale of ineptitude... but to say they suck is obviously untrue. I just don't like it when people act depressed when they see a recruiting target's other offers come from schools like them.
Addazio knows talent.

Actually, Temple has become a very solid football program.

The game points out that the top players on MAC teams are very good players. A building program would be wise to targe the three or four top recruits of each MAC team each year.

Rod streater looks pretty good too.. Old su recruit who never made it here

These MAC schools love their thunder sticks. The Big East won't even touch them because of this.

Why is the voice of the motel 6 commercials doing color for this game?

Rod streater looks pretty good too.. Old su recruit who never made it here

Grades. If we had offered, he would be wearing Orange and a lot of complaints about playmakers on offense would've been negated.

3-3 in the MAC is solid? NEVER beating a MAC team with a winning record is solid?

It's hilarious that Temple is only 3-3 this year. The three best teams are in the West while the East is a hot mess and they still can't win.

Whoever is in charge of Marketing for Temple football should get a huge raise. He or she apparently has a large portion of football fans fooled.

OrangePA, can you tell us a program that ISN'T "solid"? One that isn't completely DOA like Duke, but, with the right coach and investment could cross your line into solid?

I don't think Temple is anywhere close to solid...but they've spent their entire existence as an abject failure and the source of many Bill Cosby routines about their ineptitude. So now being reasonably competitive and at least beating other dreadful teams looks like a remarkable success.

I was surprised by Temple's defensive play last night. Obvouisly the team is not playing at the level it was earlier in the year.

I watched the Owls go toe to toe with Penn State earlier in the year - losing a close game they should have won.

I watched the Owls totally dismantle a Maryland team that had just beaten Miami.

I also saw them wipe out a couple of other teams.

I think Temple is more "solid" than "sucks."

I was surprised by Temple's defensive play last night. Obvouisly the team is not playing at the level it was earlier in the year.

I watched the Owls go toe to toe with Penn State earlier in the year - losing a close game they should have won.

I watched the Owls totally dismantle a Maryland team that had just beaten Miami.

I also saw them wipe out a couple of other teams.

I think Temple is more "solid" than "sucks."

I thinnk we are slowly seeing that Golden put his stamp on that team, recruiting wise and play wise, I think Addazio will slowly run them back into the ground or where they have typically been. Now Pa, before you go all he is a good coach, resume, etc etc. This is just my opinion. I think Golden is exceptional. Addazio may be OK but I dont think he is Golden and to even be decent at Temple you have to be a great coach, which I don't think Addazio is

They took Maryland to the woodshed and almost beat a penn state team with one of the best defenses in the country when PSU scored with a minute left to take the lead. They are a solid team.

I thinnk we are slowly seeing that Golden put his stamp on that team, recruiting wise and play wise, I think Addazio will slowly run them back into the ground or where they have typically been. Now Pa, before you go all he is a good coach, resume, etc etc. This is just my opinion. I think Golden is exceptional. Addazio may be OK but I dont think he is Golden and to even be decent at Temple you have to be a great coach, which I don't think Addazio is

I have no opinion on Addazio.

I think Golden is a great coach and did a great job turning around the Temple program.

All I know is this Bobcat truly enjoyed last nights game. It really warms my heart to hear people say Ohio could beat SU. Shocks the heck out out me but its nice. Although I'm an alum and always went to the games I never considered OU to be my favorite college team. I'm a Syracuse native, bleed Orange and well OU is a MAC school and never really existed on the national scene. They still don't, but it's nice to see them get some mid week ESPN games. When I went there we stunk and the only thing that mattered was beating Miami every year. I'd like to think that SU is still vastly superior to OU, they should be. Not sure they are. FYI - OU's offense was recently upgraded by Solich taking his staff to Troy St this past summer. Troy's been an explosive offense the past 10 years and Solich thought they might learn something. It's obvious they did. Muck Fiami! and Go Orange!

Temples defense is pretty good. Temples offense is putrid. Toledo is a "solid" MAC team. They beat Temple 36-13.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom