OK lets get the experts here chance to clarify early the 2015 recruiting goals for the team | Syracusefan.com

OK lets get the experts here chance to clarify early the 2015 recruiting goals for the team

CaliCuse

All American
Goals meaning positions nor the number of stars but I think that should always be a goal. bTwo talented Oline players are pretty much standard for every class so you go from there.

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
3 OL
1 TE
2 DT
2 DE
2 LB
2 CB
2 S
1 K
1 P

We have 21 seniors graduating. There is always unforeseen attrition, so I'd be surprised if we aren't at ~25 again next year.

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
3 OL
1 TE
2 DT
2 DE
2 LB
2 CB
2 S
1 K
1 P

We have 21 seniors graduating. There is always unforeseen attrition, so I'd be surprised if we aren't at ~25 again next year.
That was my first thought looking at the roster of this season's juniors getting ready to graduate off the team. I did not account for any red-shirts that might want that extra year on the field but the number we go for is about right IMO. Thanks for your input.

SU is loaded with young guys at some positions - TE (depending if Enoicy is used as a TE, if so they'd have a sophomore and three freshmen plus the walk on who played some - expect Custis to be more of a WR) and WR jump out - making it more difficult to convince kids to come in next year. Shoot for the stars and go for high quality there if the kid is big-time and really likes SU and if that fails save it for other positions. No need to not cherry pick at those positions since SU has depth in place for the next 3+ years.

Obviously it would be great to nab a couple of solid RBs and continue to load up on both lines (although suddenly the OL's future seems pretty solid with only one senior and a ton of huge young guys who are not fat guys).

From the 2015 offers I have seen, this seems to be the strategy for now with a lot of RB and line offers out. More WRs than I would have expected but the more speed the merrier.

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
3 OL
1 TE
2 DT
2 DE
2 LB
2 CB
2 S
1 K
1 P

s