OK we blew the FF goal but the real big goal is still out there | Syracusefan.com

OK we blew the FF goal but the real big goal is still out there

CaliCuse

All American
The biggest recruit of the year is within reach for the program If NN comes here for his one and gone year we get to enjoy a probable NC in the process.Cipling NN with everything else next year would make it a fantasy season for Orangemen BB fans It wouldn't just be NN that what would be fun to watch. It obviously includes the returning players,many of whom have some real upsides to aspire to.SUball

There are very good reasons for us to want NN, but I don't think a national championship next year is really at the top of the list. I personally believe that NN has the chance to either diffuse our scandals or plant a seed of doubt in the minds of every kid on our list right now. I feel that if he commits, it will put the black cloud largely behind us - throwing the door wide open for a lot of the other highly rated prospects we are pursuing right now. If he doesn't, it won't necessarily usher in a dark age for the program, but it could be the first indicator that these scandals are going to take their pound of flesh out of recruiting.

So landing Nerlens Noel is a bigger goal than winning a national title this year would have been?

Not even close. A national championship would have done SO much more for the school.

So landing Nerlens Noel is a bigger goal than winning a national title this year would have been?
I think that once the FF is gone we look elsewhere for the next big goal out ther and that my friend is NN Get him and the big NC goal is moved to March 2013. If that was shot over your head ,I apologize.:rolling:

Not even close. A national championship would have done SO much more for the school.
It didn't happen,so we move on to the next big thing. It ain't gonna be lacrosse. The team is apparently resting on its laurels from seasons past.

I think that once the FF is gone we look elsewhere for the next big goal out ther and that my friend is NN Get him and the big NC goal is moved to March 2013. If that was shot over your head ,I apologize.:rolling:

The issue is the way you worded the title of this thread, it implies that there is/was only one real big goal. If you had said another real big goal, that owuld have been different.

NN is such a big goal, JB thought maybe if SU bowed out earlier than Kentucky, he would get a leg up on Calipari in the recruiting race for NN.

WOW....

I'm pretty sure I just had Cali suggest he made a comment that went over my head.

That's like having Rosie O'Donnell joke about your weight.

(Yes, I changed my joke. Sue me.

Or, wait, don't, just in case Gloria Allred has started perusing this board for more potential "victims".)

I'm pretty sure I just had Cali suggest he made a comment that went over my head.

That's like having Rosie O'Donnell joke about your weight.

(Yes, I changed my joke. Sue me.

Or, wait, don't, just in case Gloria Allred has started perusing this board for more potential "victims".)

Lol... Carli did set you straight...

I'm not suggesting that s
NN is such a big goal, JB thought maybe if SU bowed out earlier than Kentucky, he would get a leg up on Calipari in the recruiting race for NN.

WOW....
eries of events has anything to do with NN. The only thing in this past month that might influence Noel is the premature departure of our not so fabulous Fab. With Davis leaving Kentucky ,even this might not be a huge advantage.