Class of 2021 - DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC

It's about time someone put in his place. For your next task, have you watched Bnoro's antics?
I’m afraid there is no hope for Bnoro. Some people just take enjoyment in ruining everything. Sure, he throws the occasional curveball to throw us off, but we are on to him.

Awfully quiet on the Rooks front.

Too quiet...

While Rooks is a take no matter how many other DL’s are in this class, it makes you wonder if the coaches read the tea leaves and took Fuentes with our last DL spot?

Unless...

In an incredibly innovative move, our 3-3-5 Defense will actually be comprised of:
3 DT’s
3 DE’s
5 DB’s

That pass rush would be unstoppable!!
:cool: ;) :p

Too quiet...

While Rooks is a take no matter how many other DL’s are in this class, it makes you wonder if the coaches read the tea leaves and took Fuentes with our last DL spot?

Unless...

In an incredibly innovative move, our 3-3-5 Defense will actually be comprised of:
3 DT’s
3 DE’s
5 DB’s

Your post is funny. But I have made a comment that I think we are going to find our 2 OLBs look more like light (but long and athletic) DE’s than they will traditional linebackers.

My bet is we will have 2 traditional LB looking players (6’1” - 6’2”) on the field most downs and it will be the MLB and the Aztec/Otto position.

EDIT: and this applies to this thread because playing the equivilent of 5 defensive linemen (even if 2 are hybrids) allows room for ’extra’ takes at this position, particularly for talents like Rooks

Too quiet...

Unless...

3 DT’s
3 DE’s
5 DB’s

The proper dedication would be required.

Too quiet...

Unless...

3 DT’s
3 DE’s
5 DB’s

We always struggle to recruit DEs and DTs, I'm perfectly fine with us overloading a class when we have guys that want to come here.

I just truly don’t think kids care where their dad played. It was long ago and just doesnt Matter anymore. Kids want shiny new things, not old family traditions unfortunately

BC. is in the picture 1 CB. pick this makes me even sicker, I can understand the big P5 schools grabbing a player like Rooks but to have a school like BC. ahead of us for a legacy recruit hurts me bad that would be like Bill Romanowski's son very high on SU. no interest in BC. I know the CB. pick is low ( 5 ) but the career his dad had here and the chance to play right the upgraded dome / facilities better academics tells me something went wrong in this recruitment , more than likely he will go to Ped. ST. or Michigan but BC. over us is not good.

BC. is in the picture 1 CB. pick this makes me even sicker, I can understand the big P5 schools grabbing a player like Rooks but to have a school like BC. ahead of us for a legacy recruit hurts me bad that would be like Bill Romanowski's son very high on SU. no interest in BC. I know the CB. pick is low ( 5 ) but the career his dad had here and the chance to play right the upgraded dome / facilities better academics tells me something went wrong in this recruitment , more than likely he will go to Ped. ST. or Michigan but BC. over us is not good.

Thanks for the Bill Romanowski comparison, I wasn't quite grasping the significance until then. Syracuse is not better academically than BC and in addition it sounds like his Dad has said go wherever the heck you want. Crazy.

I was wondering about him this weekend as Harbaugh's seat seems to be heating up. Maybe he's simply looking at which schools seem to be on the upswing. It sucks because he could be someone that helps turn things around here, but maybe he looks at the offense and concludes there's nothing he can do about that. If we were putting up 500 ypg and losing 45-42, maybe it would be different.

Stuff like this is why this wasn't a throw away year and the timing of having two new coordinators with no off season and a ton injuries sucks. A solid season could have really capitilized on Michigan and Ped St. being down.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Bill Romanowski comparison, I wasn't quite grasping the significance until then. Syracuse is not better academically than BC and in addition it sounds like his Dad has said go wherever the heck you want. Crazy.
If I had my choice I would go to BC too, just being honest. Boston while a crappy college sports town is just a great city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom