Class of 2025 - OL/DL Matthew Hawn (NY: CBA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/1/2024) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL/DL Matthew Hawn (NY: CBA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/1/2024)

Not that it matters, but Robinson grabbed Lavar Lobdell and Bruce Williams in his first class in 2005, Jovan Miller in 2007 and Marcus Sales in 2008. He was lousy in a lot of ways, but he recruited CBA pretty well.
Your right, totally forgot about them. My bad.

Not that it matters, but Robinson grabbed Lavar Lobdell and Bruce Williams in his first class in 2005, Jovan Miller in 2007 and Marcus Sales in 2008. He was lousy in a lot of ways, but he recruited CBA pretty well.
Jovan Miller was a lax recruit. The others are legit though.

Fran and his staff, along with heavier resources, have the ability to land these kids. The other staff(s) did not. The strategy has always been there but suggesting it for staffs that have no ability to implement it isn’t so brilliant.
Who landed Tucker, Marlow Wax, G. Williams, Dungy, Schrader, Cisco, Iffy, Burgeron, Franklin, OG, Allen, etc.. I say if these guys all pan out and if we have more depth, we will be in great shape. Don’t want to discount how much our talent has improved Over the last 5 years.

Reactions: CIL
Jovan Miller was a lax recruit. The others are legit though.
Played lacrosse and thrived. Committed to Robinson to play football.

Admins can delete if posting a 17 year old article is still considered spoiling.

Mike Farrell
Recruiting Analyst
Syracuse pulled in a commitment from cross-town safety Jovan Miller. The Syracuse (N.Y.) Christian Brothers native committed to assistant coach Brian White on Friday over interest from Connecticut, Rutgers and others.
"I committed to coach White Friday afternoon," he said. "After I committed, he gave me a hug and I could tell he was pretty delighted. Then I talked to coach Robinson for a bit, and he just told me that he was happy I was choosing the orange."

What made the three-star prospect select the Orangemen in the end?
"Well it was my only offer and I realized time was running out with National Signing Day almost here," he said. "I had to make a move and I wanted to take the offer.
"I really like the school though. I like the team spirit there and even though I've lived here my whole life, Syracuse is its own world. Everything is different on campus and it's a really nice place to be."
Miller especially liked Brian White throughout the recruiting process.
"He was a great recruiter," he said. "He kept football out of recruiting me almost all the time. He just got to know me as a person and only talked about football when it was necessary."
As far as playing time, the No. 8 prospect in the Empire State isn't sure when he'll get a chance to see the field.
"The coaches haven't really discusses that, I do know that they recruited me as a safety though," he said. "Right now I'm just really happy to know where I'm going."

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Played lacrosse and thrived. Committed to Robinson to play football.

Admins can delete if posting a 17 year old article is still considered spoiling.

Mike Farrell
Recruiting Analyst
Syracuse pulled in a commitment from cross-town safety Jovan Miller. The Syracuse (N.Y.) Christian Brothers native committed to assistant coach Brian White on Friday over interest from Connecticut, Rutgers and others.
"I committed to coach White Friday afternoon," he said. "After I committed, he gave me a hug and I could tell he was pretty delighted. Then I talked to coach Robinson for a bit, and he just told me that he was happy I was choosing the orange."

What made the three-star prospect select the Orangemen in the end?
"Well it was my only offer and I realized time was running out with National Signing Day almost here," he said. "I had to make a move and I wanted to take the offer.
"I really like the school though. I like the team spirit there and even though I've lived here my whole life, Syracuse is its own world. Everything is different on campus and it's a really nice place to be."
Miller especially liked Brian White throughout the recruiting process.
"He was a great recruiter," he said. "He kept football out of recruiting me almost all the time. He just got to know me as a person and only talked about football when it was necessary."
As far as playing time, the No. 8 prospect in the Empire State isn't sure when he'll get a chance to see the field.
"The coaches haven't really discusses that, I do know that they recruited me as a safety though," he said. "Right now I'm just really happy to know where I'm going."
Yeah and the commitment was never accepted as a football commitment irrespective of what Mike Farrel reported. You won’t find any other articles corroborating that and he’s only listed as a football commit at Rivals.

Yeah and the commitment was never accepted as a football commitment irrespective of what Mike Farrel reported. You won’t find any other articles corroborating that and he’s only listed as a football commit at Rivals.
How's about we wrap this sidebar up with my saying you're right in that they ran out of scholarships for football and he never was on the team and so it is at best a stretch that he was a get from CBA for Robinson and you stop underestimating my google skills:

miller-espn.jpg

Is it considered squatting when you use a GIF this much? If so, you may currently own it - enjoy.
It's funny, since the Fran era recruitment has kicked off, I've naturally had the Denzel Boom for new commitments crewed up West Side Story style with...
Frozen - Upside down thumbs down Yankee fan
orange79 - Dodge Dart
DoctorBombay - Bruce Willis Welcome to the Party Pal
crales44 - Mr. Miyagi nod
JrodCuse - Jeremiah Johnson nod
ezbeezy214 - Bald guy dart throw crazy yell
AND OburgOrange - Kung Fu Panda
etc.
Quite the intimidating crew we make:cool:
Dance Reaction GIF

Last edited:
This is awesome. Amazing to see. He was my favorite local prospect this year.

Fran has something rolling that I can speak personally to. He’s locked up some really solid talent and he’s now able to sell it to the other players and build the hype. When prospects think they are missing their chance - they will jump aboard to make sure they have a spot.

I am bringing in a top 10 ranked recruiting class this year. It started with a really nice prospect from NJ that jumped aboard super early. After she committed, I sold the hype. The second commit came
shortly after, and it caused some top prospects from California, Colorado, Maryland, and Oklahoma to jump aboard so they could secure a spot. Those are states we typically don’t recruit from to come to Albany.

Fran Brown is that dude. I’ve never been this excited about what is happening with SU football.

I think I repeatedly posted this 5 years ago and got absolutely ridiculed for it, but everyone else thinks of it, it's brilliant!
I think the problem was that most folks here focused on the wrong region. We’re not going to build that base with CNY players and that was all I heard 5 years ago. I said in Shafer days and Dino days it had to be NJ and everyone said it was overrated and owned by selector schools. Part of that was true, but Fran is showing that the tables can be turned with a local focus. Our 90’s teams were regional recruits with a heavy dose of NJ. Marrone tried to get back to that and it seems Fran is doing it.

This is awesome. Amazing to see. He was my favorite local prospect this year.

Fran has something rolling that I can speak personally to. He’s locked up some really solid talent and he’s now able to sell it to the other players and build the hype. When prospects think they are missing their chance - they will jump aboard to make sure they have a spot.

I am bringing in a top 10 ranked recruiting class this year. It started with a really nice prospect from NJ that jumped aboard super early. After she committed, I sold the hype. The second commit came
shortly after, and it caused some top prospects from California, Colorado, Maryland, and Oklahoma to jump aboard so they could secure a spot. Those are states we typically don’t recruit from to come to Albany.

Fran Brown is that dude. I’ve never been this excited about what is happening with SU football.
Nice. FOMO is our friend :)

It's funny, since the Fran era recruitment has kicked off, I've naturally had the Denzel Boom for new commitments crewed up West Side Story style with...
Frozen - Upside down thumbs down Yankee fan
orange79 - Dodge Dart
DoctorBombay - Bruce Willis Welcome to the Party Pal
crales44 - Mr. Miyagi nod
JrodCuse - Jeremiah Johnson nod
ezbeezy214 - Bald guy dart throw crazy yell
etc.
Quite the intimidating crew we make:cool:
Dance Reaction GIF
Hey!
Excited Kung Fu GIF by DreamWorks Animation