Class of 2015 - OL George Asafo-Adjei (OH) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OL George Asafo-Adjei (OH) Offered

Nice to see us making an effort in Ohio. Always wondered if Shafer still had any ties to the area he grew up in? Would be great if we can pull 3 or 4 quality kids a year from there.

http://westfirebirds.com/2014/02/11...er-george-asafo-adjei-recruitment-heating-up/

It’s really coming together for Asafo-Adjei, who didn’t begin playing football until his freshman year of high school. Before that he was always too big to play. Now his size is applauded.
“He’s probably one of the strongest high school players I’ve been around,” Cox said. His program turns out Division-I prospects annually. “He has good size obviously. With shoes off he’s 6-4 and he’s 305 right now, and he’s only holding 19 percent body fat. He’s just a real muscular kid. He’s a big barrel-chested kid and he has big hands.
“If he gets his hands on you it’s over. He understands that portion of it.”
Asafo-Adjei can also play in space, and he’s developing rapidly.
“He’s actually fast,” Cox continued. “We’ll run smoke screens or quick screens to our receivers and we’ll let George pull and lead. The thing you can see when you look at his highlight film at the beginning of the year was he was playing pretty high, but as each game went by he was playing lower and lower.”

He has several other offers including UC, Minnesota, West Virginia, Illinois, Kentucky among others.

Has visited WVU, Kentucky, Illinois, and Cincinatti

released a top 3 of WVU, Kentucky, and Illinios naming the Illini his favorite.

We can compete with those schools, but never seem to get mentioned. I don't get it?

We can compete with those schools, but never seem to get mentioned. I don't get it?

It's April 5th, dude, calm down..

What's the difference between them and us? SU is the only one he hasn't visited. It's now 4/5. How many prospects, not incoming recruits, are coming for the Spring Game or have come through for Spring practices?

While it's frustrating, we have to realize the process of how recruiting is done. As we all see, we recently offered about 20 people on the OL. We don't realistically expect every one of them to have interest. It is the coaches job to speak to them once that offer is given to see if there is potential for an expanded relationship to develop. You can pretty much tell who is genuinely interested in the offer and who is not. From there you develop your priority targets, plan B's, and plan C's. This is the process where the "non-commitable offer" comes in. Some of these offers we have no shot with, and the coaches know, and that is that.

Not saying it is like that for this cat, but just something to keep in mind.

It's actually not frustrating, it's a year before signing day and we have a few people who are overly obsessed with recruiting is all. It's kind of like freaking out because you're 0-5 to start a baseball season. Talk to me in August.

I bet Illinois would disagree with you. SU has gone into their backyard and signed a number of recruits that they really wanted.

It's actually not frustrating, it's a year before signing day and we have a few people who are overly obsessed with recruiting is all. It's kind of like freaking out because you're 0-5 to start a baseball season. Talk to me in August.
Excellent analogy...pardon me if I back pocket that one...