OL is a crucially important hire | Syracusefan.com

OL is a crucially important hire

Dcuse

All Conference
In my opinion,the most important unit on our team last year.Marrone did a masterful job changing a weakness into a strength here. I was kinda hopin for an OC with an OL background but oh well. Here's hopin Macky comes back someday to take over this unit.

In my opinion,the most important unit on our team last year.Marrone did a masterful job changing a weakness into a strength here. I was kinda hopin for an OC with an OL background but oh well. Here's hopin Macky comes back someday to take over this unit.
HCSS won't name an OL coach. He's already named Macky OL coach in waiting.

You know Macky is going to be a hell of a coach someday, especially after he wins the heisman next year

This is the position coach that I want to have a great teacher because we lost both guys that were working with them. I thought these guys have taken some huge steps forward and I want this to continue.

I agree. The missing link that allowed Nassib to emerge as a major force was a competent offensive line that consistently gave him time (once Pugh returned) and opened holes for the running game to keep the SU offense two dimensional.

Seriously, I agree. O-line went from maybe the worst unit on the team to one of it's strengths. Marrone and Adkins did a great job of finding low rated guys and developing them, and some haven't taken that long to get on the field. There are a number of underclassmen with quality playing time coming back. We need our next o-line coach to be a great evaluator of talent and teacher. Oh, and hardnosed.

Bees and OE have already bounced and started buffalofan.com. They even took Cali and BrNCuSeFvRcUSe with them.

Its over with.
Also in tow is FFCC who will handle talent evaluation for admin selection.

I agree. The missing link that allowed Nassib to emerge as a major force was a competent offensive line that consistently gave him time (once Pugh returned) and opened holes for the running game to keep the SU offense two dimensional.

Couldn't agree more.

All of the talk previous years about systems was misguided, IMO--the offense wasn't going anywhere without consistently solid OL play. Once we got that, the production started happening.

Couldn't agree more.

All of the talk previous years about systems was misguided, IMO--the offense wasn't going anywhere without consistently solid OL play. Once we got that, the production started happening.

Hopefully Hickey can be this year's version of Pugh, and I expect Mackey to have a great year. I have a good feeling about the juco Miller, Foy and Trudo for the guard spots, but the other tackle spot could be a weak link.

This is the position coach that I want to have a great teacher because we lost both guys that were working with them. I thought these guys have taken some huge steps forward and I want this to continue.

Agree. I could care less if the guy can recruit or not. The OL, IMO, is the #1 most important position coach.

Good catch, though...

"Illinois: Sources tell us Chargers offensive line coach Mike Sullivan has been offered the Illinois offensive line job. Sullivan however has also recently interviewed with the Browns and is considering other options. We'll keep you posted."

... we might be another option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom