Class of 2020 - OL Leif Magnuson (Canada) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Leif Magnuson (Canada) Offered

As an aside, I cannot see the name Magnuson without thinking of Magnus ver Magnusson, the power lifter who used to be on the ESPN covered strongman competitions. Those were so hilarious and Magnusson was so dominant.

Doesn't that name mean that he is Magnus, who is the son of Magnus, who is also the son of Magnus (hence the "Magnusson")? I like that system.

That’s an offer - not a commitment.

Unless I’m losing something in translation.

I’d be shocked if we bring in another olinemen.

I don't care how much character you've built up in Sakatoon, when you get a chance to spend your winters in Tucson (or Miami or LA) you take it.

I’d be shocked if we bring in another olinemen.

2 questions then. Is what we currently have good enough? Who are the backup tackles and center and who replaces Servais next year?

who’s filling the open spots? From what’s being reported we’re looking at 1 DE and 3 DBacks with 7/8 spots open.

The lack of known HS prospects makes me wonder if we’re not going to look at the portal a little closer.

2 questions then. Is what we currently have good enough? Who are the backup tackles and center and who replaces Servais next year?

who’s filling the open spots? From what’s being reported we’re looking at 1 DE and 3 DBacks with 7/8 spots open.

The lack of known HS prospects makes me wonder if we’re not going to look at the portal a little closer.
We took Ilaoa, Barclay, and Petry in this class, as well as a TE in Mang that will grow into an OL.

I think all of those guys are better than Magnuson. Are they better than Antwan Reed? Who knows, but we have a guy in Tisdale that was a highly regarded JUCO and I don't even think he saw a snap last season.

I really like Iloa as a future, nasty offensive guard. I know many on here think he should be a DT. But I really liked his highlight tape on the offensive side

We took Ilaoa, Barclay, and Petry in this class, as well as a TE in Mang that will grow into an OL.

I think all of those guys are better than Magnuson. Are they better than Antwan Reed? Who knows, but we have a guy in Tisdale that was a highly regarded JUCO and I don't even think he saw a snap last season.

Tisdale got 2nd team snaps. I thought he did well and he's my favorite to step in and start for Adams.

I see all those guys you listed as projects.

This kid I don't care, I'm more perplexed by us passing on Reed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom