OL Tate Briggs from IL | Syracusefan.com

OL Tate Briggs from IL

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Supposedly on an official visit and may have been offered.

6'4", 280 lb guard (played tackle in HS; projected as guard) from Montini HS in Lombard, IL

Montini Football@MontiniFootball
Tate Briggs on official visit syracuse. There is an offer in the works great news for our Big Tackle!!!!

Offers from Western Michigan and Ball State. Interest from Arkansas, Michigan State, Minnesota.

I wonder if Kendell Moore cancelled?

Offers from Western Michigan and Ball State. Interest from Arkansas, Michigan State, Minnesota.

I wonder if Kendell Moore cancelled?

Moore is scheduled for next weekend

We need some more hardnose snotknockers on the offensive side, especially at tackle. I think we are fine at the guard and center positon with 4 guys that can play center and 4 quality guards, some of them down right mean players. We only have 2 maybe 3 quality tackles. Hope Coach Shafer can turn his dogs loose and they find a couple of quality tackles.

We need some more hardnose snotknockers on the offensive side, especially at tackle. I think we are fine at the guard and center positon with 4 guys that can play center and 4 quality guards, some of them down right mean players. We only have 2 maybe 3 quality tackles. Hope Coach Shafer can turn his dogs loose and they find a couple of quality tackles.

6-4, 280 in high school sounds like a guard to me.

has a great motor and the kid loves to punish anyone who's near him...might be a great get if we land him.

just watch at the 2:30 mark as he hits four different players on the play.

plus there is a nice interview with him in another video

Anyone named Tate sounds hard-nosed. I like his mean streak.

Anyone named Tate sounds hard-nosed. I like his mean streak.

Well, I guess you're right. He was pretty hard-nosed back in the day.
larry tate.jpg

6-4, 280 in high school sounds like a guard to me.
According to their profiles, other SU tackles when they were incoming:

Justin Pugh was 6'5, 285 (and apparently with short arms)
Andy Phillips was 6'5, 270 (listed on SU roster at 6'5, 268)
Kyle Knapp was 6'4, 260-265 (listed on SU roster at 6'4, 262)
Nick Robinson is listed on SU roster at 6'5, 270, though he was listed at 6'6, 275-285 on the recruiting sites, so he shrank!

One site has Briggs at 6'5, 280, as does his highlight vid.
I would say that Briggs' size is comparable to other SU tackles.

Supposedly on an official visit and may have been offered.

6'4", 280 lb guard (played tackle in HS; projected as guard) from Montini HS in Lombard, IL

Montini Football@MontiniFootball
Tate Briggs on official visit syracuse. There is an offer in the works great news for our Big Tackle!!!!
Nice find Detective.

In case anyone was wondering, Montini did win a 4th straight state championship in 2012. The program has a reputation of being very physical and well, yes, hard nosed...

Also, Tate Briggs lives in Naperville, which is almost on the campus of Elmhurst College, just south of O'Hare and just west of Chicago. The same Elmhurst College Tim Lester was coaching until a week or so ago.

Syracusefan.Bio

I spent almost a year working there back in'95 and the area has some really insane high school football.Naperville is just a few miles from there and both high school teams in that town was always ranked nationally back then.

Most towns and cities in that area were named after towns in n.y.

I can remember one high school stadium located between two corn fields out in the middle of nowhere nicer than the one at Cortland St..The gate that lead to the stadium reminded me of Graceland.

Made a trip home from there one weekend in just under ten hours. The guy driving that day use to race stock cars and he would pass people doing 80+ on the left shoulder going under bridges.That was the only time though

kid's film screams guard. and i think he's plan B right now. an offer in the works means he hasn't been offered yet.

he was only offered a preferred walk on spot here as well.

Makes sense that he stayed in state but I would have LOVED to get this kid as a PWO (not to be confused with a POW).

As retro said, great motor and he looks to punish every opportunity he gets.

If he works as hard in the weight room as he does on the field, he'll be All-Mac by the time he leaves NIU.