Class of 2017 - OLB/DE Justin Ellis (GA) Transfer to Georgia Southern | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OLB/DE Justin Ellis (GA) Transfer to Georgia Southern

His film looks really good to me, but what the hell do I know.

Any of the board coaches want to chime in? money, finwad, jb, cil...?

I really like his tape. He's definitely not 6'3, but he uses his size very well so it doesn't hinder him. There was one play where he split a double team through the middle - and that's straight quickness and leverage. You can tell he understands leverage by how he dips his shoulder and drops his hips when pass rushing. With increased strength training, he could be a good one. Will be interesting to see how he holds up against massive Right Tackles.

6'3" 240lbs
1st team all state Georgia
Strong as an Ox
19 sacks
We where is P5 offer
What am I missing here???? This kid seems like the real deal
He's too smart for the SEC.

I really like his tape. He's definitely not 6'3, but he uses his size very well so it doesn't hinder him. There was one play where he split a double team through the middle - and that's straight quickness and leverage. You can tell he understands leverage by how he dips his shoulder and drops his hips when pass rushing. With increased strength training, he could be a good one. Will be interesting to see how he holds up against massive Right Tackles.

He should hold up. STRONG kid.

365 bench.(converts to 21 reps @ 225)
445 squat
315 clean

No agility/speed numbers...

Looks like his first offer wasn't til Dec 13.(late). They didn't work out or he wanted more. In lieu of a post grad year, grabbed the PWO. Pure speculation...

Didn’t get the scholly? Or he’s low on the depth chart. This also tells us how much better we are at the DE position because I thought Mr Ellis was pretty good coming out of HS.
I'm pretty sure he received a scholarship. Interesting that his recruitment is open to all schools. There are usually transfer restrictions.

I'm pretty sure he received a scholarship. Interesting that his recruitment is open to all schools. There are usually transfer restrictions.

Sure he got his scholly. We gave him the SHOT as a PWO. he came to SU at 6'1" , not 6'3". But, he still got the scholly. Things didn't go perfect at the P5 level the first year in a DE eccentric Defensive sheme. A position group that lacks some depth.

Hey, he has had his shots in practice after being given a scholly. Landscape not to bad, DE not too deep. BUT, WAIT!!...He must think he needs to be on the field more I guess. Hell, picking a CFB "family" must be tough . Yup , a bit of resistance and he is gone, the millennial way. When it gets a bit tough and you have to compete...hey move on.

Sure he got his scholly. We gave him the SHOT as a PWO. he came to SU at 6'1" , not 6'3". But, he still got the scholly. Things didn't go perfect at the P5 level the first year in a DE eccentric Defensive sheme. A position group that lacks some depth.

Hey, he has had his shots in practice after being given a scholly. Landscape not to bad, DE not too deep. BUT, WAIT!!...He must think he needs to be on the field more I guess. Hell, picking a CFB "family" must be tough . Yup , a bit of resistance and he is gone, the millennial way. When it gets a bit tough and you have to compete...hey move on.
Things didn't work out. It happens. You're making a helluva lot of assumptions about a kid you don't even know.

Worst post ever

I love his motor and really thought he could play so disappointing to see him leave. Totally understand his decision though, appears to be 3rd string coming out of of spring ball which means the other DEnds really stepped up their game. Even Pickard is 3rd string at this point and a heavy hitter in UA-All American Okechukwu entering the mix in August.

2 Deep
55 Kendall Coleman DL 6-3 265 Jr. Indianapolis, Ind. / Cathedral
94 Alton Robinson DL 6-4 256 Jr. Converse, Texas / Judson
57 Kingsley Jonathan DL 6-3 255 So. Baltimore, Md. / St. Frances Academy
97 Brandon Berry DL 6-4 249 R-Jr. Griffin, Ga. / Griffin

3 Deep
91 Zach Morton DL 6-4 243 R-Fr. Detroit, Mich. / Cass Technical
96 Justin Ellis DL 6-3 243 So. Roswell, Ga. / Roswell
99 Jake Pickard DL 6-5 252 R-Jr. Short Hills, N.J. / Millburn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members