Old article from casual hoya | Syracusefan.com

Old article from casual hoya

David Putty's favorite hockey team,?

• Montreal Canadians

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Jersey Devils

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
Casual Hoya is either a liar or ignorant.

John Thompson Jr didn't 'grab the microphone' at Manley and announce that Manley Field House was official closed. He said it at the press conference after the game.

Also, if JB was John's 'bitch' in the first few years of the Big East, John was JB's bitch after that.

Lastly, any talk of bitches should be delayed until Georgetown officially announces it will not play Syracuse in out of conference games post Big East conference.

Then everyone will know the real story. Maryland fans have known this for a long time.

Classic, egomaniacal screed from a spoiled miscreant who never grew up. Aside from all the factual errors (cited above), this paragraph sums up the Hoya mentality nicely:

my seats were actually in the handicapped section of the Garden, a reward for a large donation to the athletic department. I don't really need to recap the game since it was so recent, but this was just a serious ass-whipping from Georgetown to the #3 rated Orange. And, even more fulfilling, Georgetown ruined the Orange season by taking out their center, Arinze Onoaku.

First of all, I doubt his seating location was a donation perk (more likely he rode in on the Hoya short bus). Second, overwhelmed by his own benevolence, he fails to notice his displacement of someone with a real physical (as opposed to mental) disability. Cura Personalis, for sure. ;)

But most telling is the poisonous brand of Hoya-Myopia: the opposing coach (with 910 wins, a 48/39 record against the Hoyettes, and a comfortable margin of regular season titles - 9/6 over GT) is somehow his 'bitch'; and causing a rival player to suffer a season-ending injury is reason for celebration. It's comical to compare this to the GTAD's mission statement:

Athletics at Georgetown are a natural component of the Jesuit approach to education, a philosophy that seeks balance in the care, growth and development of the individual.

What a farse: "Jesuit approach to education"? (I'm sure Jesus approves of taking out the legs of rival players, lol). "Care, growth and development"?, another empty phrase. Try rancor, grandiosity and moral decay. No wonder they won't sell us tickets.

There's definitely something rotten, Sleepy, but it isn't fruit.

Gotta love Gtown fans, hey I guess when you haven't gotten to the sweet 16 in nearly a decade you can be grumpy.

Gotta love Gtown fans, hey I guess when you haven't gotten to the sweet 16 in nearly a decade you can be grumpy.

They've been to a Final Four more recently than us...

That's a horrible list and a poorly written blog. Reading through that blog it's as though Georgetown dominates Syracuse. The series record is 48-39 in favor of Syracuse. I know it's a Georgetown blog but it's extremely biased. Complete trash.

And, even more fulfilling, Georgetown ruined the Orange season by taking out their center, Arinze Onoaku.

I'm all for hating other teams, and basketball is fun because other programs actually hate us versus football where we're everyone's 2nd or 3rd biggest rival. But that is just pathetic. Casual Hoya reflects the petty and small fan base that school has. Georgetown fans and alumni should realize that they would be Fairfield if they weren't located in DC.

I'm all for hating other teams, and basketball is fun because other programs actually hate us versus football where we're everyone's 2nd or 3rd biggest rival. But that is just pathetic. Casual Hoya reflects the petty and small fan base that school has. Georgetown fans and alumni should realize that they would be Fairfield if they weren't located in DC.
Well, we all 'hate' the Hoyas -- but not in the malicious way that the author describes (they're not that relevant). I actually like JT3. He's a good coach and has ushered the Hoyettes from the thug era to more of a finesse team. It's more like we 'hate' the behavior of GT's fans -- like 8 year olds who act out, petulant and juvenile but unworthy of serious attention.

The fact that this clown got admitted doesn't say much for their admissions process either.

Not that I set out to defend Gtown in this thread, but technically it's been 5 seasons.