Old school SU parody question (and question OT question on the ending of the 12-12 concert) | Syracusefan.com

Old school SU parody question (and question OT question on the ending of the 12-12 concert)

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
All of this Big East talk has gotten me nostalgic, but oddly I logged on to ask this before catching up on my reading. I need the help of those with better memory or those with better search engine skills. Can anyone find me the lyrics to the parody of Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start The Fire" that was remade into "Orangemen Are On Fire"?

Earlier I sent my brother a random text to make him wonder if I was drunk and mentioned Herman Harried for some reason. Then I seemed to remember hearing his name in one of those type of songs long ago but I can't remember all the lyrics and now I want to just for the sake of it, if anyone can find them. At first I thought maybe it was in a parody of "Basketball" by Kurtis Blow for some reason, but I dont think they ever remade a SU song based on that, right? Thanks in advance for whomever can help me reminisce and maybe get drunk for real. :)

Speaking of Billy Joel, did anyone here catch the 12-12 Sandy benefit concert? I enjoyed it, some parts really enjoyed, but am I misunderstanding the meaning of closing it with Paul McCartney's "Live and Let Die"(before Alicia Keys' encore)? I watched it online as I dont have a TV and try my best to avoid news altogether, so I don't know if anybody else in here feels the way I do?(yes, I loved seeing Roger Waters perform, especially with Eddie Vedder on Comfortably Numb, if anyone caught that Wall reference) I mean even if there is some deep meaning to the lyrics i found it a bit insensitive. Or am I just too sensitive? Seriously, if I'm off base let me know fellas. Thanks in advance to any replies on anything, it's been one long and odd day for me.

"you got to give the other fella hell..." It's a fighting back song

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom