Ole Miss Guard, Marshall Henderson, aka Rebel without a cause, | Syracusefan.com

Ole Miss Guard, Marshall Henderson, aka Rebel without a cause,

has been indefinitely suspended for a result of multiple failed drug tests.

Just a matter of time before he's done for good with them IMHO.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...bels-indefinitely-suspends-marshall-henderson

"He must do a better job living up to the high standard we expect from him." -Coach Andy Kennedy (whose own mug shot is below)

andy-kennedy-mug-shot.jpg

notified that he had failed a drug test, Henderson asked "how many questions did I get wrong, coach?"

Henderson ..

I love that guy

But yet the NCAA is supposedly doing an investigation on the dug problems with our basketball program. I only thought this occurred at Syracuse, cause according to some Boeheim has no control. :crazy:

But yet the NCAA is supposedly doing an investigation on the dug problems with our basketball program. I only thought this occurred at Syracuse, cause according to some Boeheim has no control. :crazy:

We don't know if any of Henderson's failed tests were administered by the NCAA. They were required by the authorities as a result of his previous indiscretions.

I think Andy Glockner nailed this one pretty good (as he usually does).

Hopefully Marshall gets the help he needs, but Kennedy isn't without blame here either. He's an ex-con who didn't have any sizable success before Henderson came along and now that he got a fat contract extension, he can throw Henderson aside like a bad habit with little repercussion.

I think that piece was actually fairly bad. I don't believe maryjane has ever been proven to be addictive so to take that route is weak at best.

I get the feeling some just don't like Kennedy, most likely because of his association with his former mentor. That's fine I guess, but let's let the kid who is actually doing this stuff take some of the responsibility. If he boots him, that's fine with me. These kids are given far more chances in life than the rest of us, just because they can put a round ball through the hoop.

I enjoyed Marshall Henderson's antics quite a bit, very Devendorf like in the way that you love him on your team but the rest of the conference absolutely hates him. I recently listened to an interview with Andy Kennedy about giving Henderson the green light to shoot and also to pretty much do whatever he wants. He was asked about Marshall Henderson playing beer pong during the SEC tournament and had no problem it at all; I'm sure he'll be suited up at the start of the season.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...derson-celebrated-ole-miss-bid-with-beer-pong

I think that piece was actually fairly bad. I don't believe maryjane has ever been proven to be addictive so to take that route is weak at best.

I get the feeling some just don't like Kennedy, most likely because of his association with his former mentor. That's fine I guess, but let's let the kid who is actually doing this stuff take some of the responsibility. If he boots him, that's fine with me. These kids are given far more chances in life than the rest of us, just because they can put a round ball through the hoop.

I'm not a big fan of Kennedy because he was convicted of assault and because it would be a bad look for him if he put up with Henderson only until it was no longer convenient for him (and he's just not a very good coach). There's a legitimate argument to be made that Henderson saved Kennedy's career.

I'm not absolving Henderson of any blame here or saying that the responsibility of him staying clean is on Kennedy's shoulders, but the situation goes beyond just him in my opinion.

I'm not a big fan of Kennedy because he was convicted of assault and because it would be a bad look for him if he put up with Henderson only until it was no longer convenient for him (and he's just not a very good coach). There's a legitimate argument to be made that Henderson saved Kennedy's career.

I'm not absolving Henderson of any blame here or saying that the responsibility of him staying clean is on Kennedy's shoulders, but the situation goes beyond just him in my opinion.

He pleaded to disorderly conduct, not assault. And one of the guys who he is alleged to have 'assaulted' apologized to him in lieu of paying him money for defamation of character.

By the way, I thought he was a decent coach when he was at Cincy, but got caught up in the Huggins hate.

I'm guessing he will be reinstated by the 2nd game of the season.