Oline Dline | Syracusefan.com

Oline Dline

RICuse44

Starter
yesterday our defense started two true ends, one true soph and one redshirt soph. So kids w 1,1,2,3 years in the system or on average 1.75 yrs.

Wake start on their oline 3 redshirt soph, 1 senior and 1 redshirt senior. So guys with 3,3,3,4,5 years in the system or an average of 3.6 yrs.

Our oline started 2 redshirt freshman, 1 redshirt soph, 1 redshirt Jr. and 1 redshirt senior. So that's 2, 2, 3, 4, and 5 yrs in the system or an average of 3.2 yrs.

Wakes d line was 1 redshirt soph, 2 redshirt jr, and 1 redshirt sr or 3,4,4,5 yrs in the program for an average of 4 yrs.

Barring 4 or 5 star studs you need to have more experience along both lines before you start seeing results. The lack of oline and dline recruitment and development 4 and 5 yrs ago is what hurts us the most now. Give the players some time. And I don't mean 5 games into the system. I mean 2 years.

yesterday our defense started two true ends, one true soph and one redshirt soph. So kids w 1,1,2,3 years in the system or on average 1.75 yrs.

Wake start on their oline 3 redshirt soph, 1 senior and 1 redshirt senior. So guys with 3,3,3,4,5 years in the system or an average of 3.6 yrs.

Our oline started 2 redshirt freshman, 1 redshirt soph, 1 redshirt Jr. and 1 redshirt senior. So that's 2, 2, 3, 4, and 5 yrs in the system or an average of 3.2 yrs.

Wakes d line was 1 redshirt soph, 2 redshirt jr, and 1 redshirt sr or 3,4,4,5 yrs in the program for an average of 4 yrs.

Barring 4 or 5 star studs you need to have more experience along both lines before you start seeing results. The lack of oline and dline recruitment and development 4 and 5 yrs ago is what hurts us the most now. Give the players some time. And I don't mean 5 games into the system. I mean 2 years.
Nice post

Nice post

It's really not that complex. Just like it's not that complex to realize our plays are run/pass options and we should be passing a lot more

Football ain't rocket surgery. Run the ball, stop the run, pressure the QB. If you can't do any of those things, it's kind of difficult to win.

And that's why committing to the youth movement early on both lines was bound to come along with growing pains. But ripping off the band aid this year to allow young players to get some on the job training that will better prepare them for the next 2-3 years will eventually pay off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom