OMG Okafor | Syracusefan.com

OMG Okafor

When thinking if he should leave early, my answer would be to declare at half time. Good god.
He does look good but how will he look if the refs get around to calling every hook or push off he does on every offensive attempt. Roc would have fouled out in the first 5 mins if he did the same thing.

Last edited:
It's going to be a rough Christmas when Okafor meets Rak in the middle of that zone though, I have no doubt about that.

But holy f*** he looks awesome

Great offensive player. Might be the best offensive player in college basketball. Defensively is where he can be beat. Plumlee is a better defender.

only a Duke forward or center can get away with hooks. If you have no idea what a hook is watch Okafor when he posts up and turns, wraps he's off hand and forearm around the defensive players side. Huge advantage for the offensive player and an illegal move.

Okafor looks great, vey polished - but is it just me or does he look very winded all of the time? not in game shape?

Agreed, still has some work to do. UNC would run him out right now.

Okafor looks great, vey polished - but is it just me or does he look very winded all of the time? not in game shape?
Yes, I was watching the game at my Duke friends' house <pause to allow for the inevitable vomit that will ensue> and we all noticed that he looked very tired. That may cause him to foul more, which he ended up doing. But by the time we play them, I am sure he will be in tip top form. Alas!

I really like him. Do you notice how he FINISHES at the basket? How they all FINISH at the basket? They are ready to go from the get go, while our team is a work in progress. Which is okay. I love our guys and wouldn't trade them for all the Dukes in the world. Which is as it should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom