On a positive note: Wes Johnson | Syracusefan.com

On a positive note: Wes Johnson

kjb120

2nd String
Wes had another strong outing for the lakers scoring 13 and getting 4 blocks. He also went 3-3 from 3pt range which is a good sign. Johnson has been playing with more confidence since the game they had against houston where he came up with clutch baskets and steals to seal the game for the lakers.

Last edited:
And just for all of you who keep saying if only Tyler Ennis came back, he air balled a 3 at the end of the Suns game tonight, just like Cooney.

Wait! What he made it back from D league? But I read here that he was going there for his career to die, how can this be?
People who rip him for getting sent to the D-League are just bitter. Should he have stayed? Eh, who knows but he's on perhaps the most loaded backcourt in the NBA. He'll get his chance when Dragic bolts for a bigger contract.

People who rip him for getting sent to the D-League are just bitter. Should he have stayed? Eh, who knows but he's on perhaps the most loaded backcourt in the NBA. He'll get his chance when Dragic bolts for a bigger contract.

I think he will find his way into a nice long NBA career as a second unit PG if not more. He's got some innate talent and bball IQ that cannot be taught. I hope he does well.

Wait! What he made it back from D league? But I read here that he was going there for his career to die, how can this be?
He went there for TWO games. Both he and TJ Warren went. Been back since. They may send him ONCE IN A WHILE to get more play time in. Last week he played about 15 minutes in one of the Suns games. He is their guy starting next year. This year is his learning year. I know you were being sarcastic Jordoo. This response is for all of those who needed further explanation of this.

Isaiah Thomas is hurt.

longislandcuse said:
dragic isn't going anywhere.

Good for Wes in a contract year. Wouldn't mind the Lakers keeping him around.

Wes had another strong outing for the lakers scoring 13 and getting 4 blocks. He also went 3-3 from 3pt range which is a good sign. Johnson has been playing with more confidence since the game they had against houston where he came up with clutch baskets and steals to seal the game for the lakers.
Wes could be the 1st guy to ever go from starting for the Lakers...to europe in 1 year.

How so? He's still in his prime and can still contribute for plenty of teams out there over the next few years.
Agreed, I think Wes can stick in the league because of his athleticism and defense. The fact that he can also spread the floor (even though he's been struggling from three this year) is an added bonus for teams. I can see him having a Matt Barnes type career where he jumps around the league but still averages about 8-10 pts per game and defends the opposing teams top wing player.

How so? He's still in his prime and can still contribute for plenty of teams out there over the next few years.
just putting where he actually is in perspective.

I think if Wes gets enuf PT and feels comfortable out there, his true game and potential will shine thru. With LA stinking this year, this is the perfect opportunity for him.

I don't think he'll be out of the league. He doesn't seem to cause any trouble, or demand shots, and is actually willing to play defense. I am sure other coaches would want him for their bench.

Full_Rebar said:
I don't think he'll be out of the league. He doesn't seem to cause any trouble, or demand shots, and is actually willing to play defense. I am sure other coaches would want him for their bench.

I think West will be around for a long time! He hustles plays defense and is very athletic. He might not light up the stat sheet but there's a reason he's out there for 30+ minutes a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom