On a positive note... | Syracusefan.com

On a positive note...

SouthCampusHero

2nd String
I believe we clinched at least a share of the BE Conference Championship. One more win and it is ours, outright.

Of course, there is more to play for but it is certainly an accomplishment for this team. Congrats to them.

I believe we clinched at least a share of the BE Conference Championship. One more win and it is ours, outright.

Of course, there is more to play for but it is certainly an accomplishment for this team. Congrats to them.

Come on, haven't you heard? There is nothing positive about winning like that. I'm not sure it should even count as win unless you dominate your opponent from start to finish and the walk-ons get in at the 5:00 mark.

We clinched a "tie" with ND, but it really is not a tie because they own the tie-breaker. In order to win BE regular season, we have to win at least one... or ND has to lose at least one.

We clinched a "tie" with ND, but it really is not a tie because they own the tie-breaker. In order to win BE regular season, we have to win at least one... or ND has to lose at least one.

Wait a minute... is that a rule change? If Im not mistaken, the tie-breaker only means something when it comes to BET seeding. Are there not shared regular season championships anymore????

technically we would share the title, but ND would get the #1 seed if we lose out and they win out. Doesn't matter though because we will at least split these last two. 2 outright titles in 3 years is a huge accomplishment.

technically we would share the title, but ND would get the #1 seed if we lose out and they win out. Doesn't matter though because we will at least split these last two. 2 outright titles in 3 years is a huge accomplishment.

Yes. That is what I thought. There are no tie-breakers for the conference championship. If there is a tie, head-head record determines BET seeding.

Out of curiosity, have two teams that have tied for a BE Conference Championship also SPLIT home-home games? Stupid trivia. Wonder what the second tie-breaker is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom