on another topic-- PSU | Syracusefan.com

on another topic-- PSU

goodroc

Starter
the state (not university) whatever that means- is suing the ncaa over the sanctions-- this will and should not end well for PSU --

the state (not university) whatever that means- is suing the ncaa over the sanctions-- this will and should not end well for PSU --

They should talk to the people at UConn about this sort of thing.

The state of Pa should leave well enough alone, if they get involved then the federal government needs to investigate the governor, and all the others to find out how much they knew and when.

If PSU (by their very name) is a STATE university, how can they claim PSU is not involved? I get that there may not be anyone from PSU directly involved in the lawsuit, but how do you claim that?

If PSU (by their very name) is a STATE university, how can they claim PSU is not involved? I get that there may not be anyone from PSU directly involved in the lawsuit, but how do you claim that?
Different entities I'm sure but still under umbrella of PA. Kind if like SUNY and NYS

Different entities I'm sure but still under umbrella of PA. Kind if like SUNY and NYS
That's what I assumed, so that's why it didn't make sense to me to claim that, because even if they are not the same entity, they are certainly related (obvious disclaimer - it should be clear from this post I have no legal training whatsoever).

According to earn, it's the governor. The same governor who ran the investigation as AG who declared that Paterno was off limits in spite of the fact that he perjured himself just as much as the others might not want to draw attention to himself.

Hopefully the Feds will get involved to find out why Paterno was off limits.

According to earn, it's the governor. The same governor who ran the investigation as AG who declared that Paterno was off limits in spite of the fact that he perjured himself just as much as the others might not want to draw attention to himself.

Hopefully the Feds will get involved to find out why Paterno was off limits.

Its always been a shame for us he didn't leave to coach the Steelers instead of Noll could never beat that creep. Probably knew what Sandusky was up to before whats being reported, and I am assuming there are others involved that Sandusky is taking the fall for he also protected. The situation could be deeper than we think. Regardless its all on Joe Pas watch.

PSU should have been banned from appearing on TV thats the one penalty they got wrong. I hate how they'll get 9 million in blackmail money for Obrien when they lied to him I hope he and the NFL team that signs him sues them.

Its always been a shame for us he didn't leave to coach the Steelers instead of Noll could never beat that creep. Probably knew what Sandusky was up to before whats being reported, and I am assuming there are others involved that Sandusky is taking the fall for he also protected. The situation could be deeper than we think. Regardless its all on Joe Pas watch.

PSU should have been banned from appearing on TV thats the one penalty they got wrong. I hate how they'll get 9 million in blackmail money for Obrien when they lied to him I hope he and the NFL team that signs him sues them.
No. PSU should have been banned from participating in NCAA-sanctioned football for 4-5 years. A TV blackout is too light.

No. PSU should have been banned from participating in NCAA-sanctioned football for 4-5 years. A TV blackout is too light.

I can't disagree.

But if that was not going to happen keeping that school off TV should have been a must. No clue how they squirmed out of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom