On ESPN radio on way home... | Syracusefan.com

On ESPN radio on way home...

RF2044

Living Legend
...so it was 77 degrees here in the Twin Cities today, so I skated from work early to enjoy the nice weather / get watching the NCAA tournament.

I start my car, flip it to ESPN radio, and as they come off commercial a few moments later, they replay the Triche out of bounds play, then go to the UNCA coach, who proceeds to whine about how the best team didn't win.

He started off ok, saying that the better team won, that SU is better than UNCA, and that all he asked his players for was to be better at 3:10pm yesterday. And he then goes on to claim, "and we were," and we got robbed by bad calls. Really? Let's not discuss that there was time on the clock, that SU had a 3 point lead, etc. You didn't get robbed of anything other than a possession. Might that have impacted the outcome? Sure. No argument there. But enough with this crap about the call costing you the game, as if the entire game's outcome hinged on a call. "We played a better game than them, and we deserved to win." Really? Sometimes, even when you play your best game, it doesn't guarantee victory. So that point is crap.

And whoever the jerkoff ESPN B-squad was filling in for Doug Gottlieb ate it up, tossing him a bunch of softball questions. One of them asked how does it feel that 6 seniors had their season end unfairly. "Unfairly?"

I'm getting tired of Biedenbach. But I'm REALLY tired of ESPN. F them.

Thank god for Missouri; changes the conversation.

Everyone always focuses on the questionable call at the very end of the game...and not on the bad calls made in the first half which have just as much impact on the outcome. SU got screwed on the foul on Triche at the end of the first half and should have gotten 2 free throws.

this guy is following the career arc of Tom Brennan.

Relative unknown ----> plays SU in tourney ----> falls in love with every microphone around him and becomes douchenozzle.

The only people I heard today (small sample) that were reasonable were Bilas, Hubert (who was EXTREMELY pro-Syracuse/Officials), and Gottlieb. Everyone else was a tad over the top. Greenberg was driving me insane, especially with is little teasers about whether or not it could have been fixed... like that.

. You didn't get robbed of anything other than a possession. Might that have impacted the outcome? Sure.

Yep. Keep seeing "they shoulda won", "they were robbed"...

Um, they were down by 3. Did we goaltend a 3 pt'er? No? Then, no they were not robbed of anything. They were losing and they lost.

The only people I heard today (small sample) that were reasonable were Bilas, Hubert (who was EXTREMELY pro-Syracuse/Officials), and Gottlieb. Everyone else was a tad over the top. Greenberg was driving me insane, especially with is little teasers about whether or not it could have been fixed... like that.

I heard Bilas, who, as usual, had very sound and reasoned opinions, and you said that Davis was pro-Syracuse. What did Lil' Dougie have to say?

At least with Duke, Missouri and to a lesser degree Michigan going down they will have other things to focus on. The "call" will no longer be topic A for everyone.

I heard Bilas, who, as usual, had very sound and reasoned opinions, and you said that Davis was pro-Syracuse. What did Lil' Dougie have to say?

I only heard a bit, he was filling in for Cowherd, but he pretty much was on board with Bilas. No one call determines any game. The free throw thing was odd because they were doing it all day, and it was a perfectly designed play because we were getting boards off missed free throws, but the call was technically correct.

I didn't really get that since I don't remember the guards coming in prior to that, but whatever. Especially since he said it was an adjustment so it probably wasn't happening all game.

Either way, didn't harp on it much. Said he was going to comment on coaches comments or something, but I stopped listening by then.

It's a moot point now, but I really didn't hear any of the talking heads mention that Triche was body checked on the controversial play. Maybe that's why he didn't catch the ball?

Seth Greenberg was on with gottlieb and said that the lane violation call was correct and that on the ob call that UNCA got the better of the two outcomes as it was a Syracuse inbound versus pressure instead of two shots at the foul line which it should have been because Triche was fouled. So actually, Syracuse got screwed on the call.

...so it was 77 degrees here in the Twin Cities today, so I skated from work early to enjoy the nice weather / get watching the NCAA tournament.

I start my car, flip it to ESPN radio, and as they come off commercial a few moments later, they replay the Triche out of bounds play, then go to the UNCA coach, who proceeds to whine about how the best team didn't win.

He started off ok, saying that the better team won, that SU is better than UNCA, and that all he asked his players for was to be better at 3:10pm yesterday. And he then goes on to claim, "and we were," and we got robbed by bad calls. Really? Let's not discuss that there was time on the clock, that SU had a 3 point lead, etc. You didn't get robbed of anything other than a possession. Might that have impacted the outcome? Sure. No argument there. But enough with this crap about the call costing you the game, as if the entire game's outcome hinged on a call. "We played a better game than them, and we deserved to win." Really? Sometimes, even when you play your best game, it doesn't guarantee victory. So that point is crap.

And whoever the jerkoff ESPN B-squad was filling in for Doug Gottlieb ate it up, tossing him a bunch of softball questions. One of them asked how does it feel that 6 seniors had their season end unfairly. "Unfairly?"

I'm getting tired of Biedenbach. But I'm REALLY tired of ESPN. F them.

Thank god for Missouri; changes the conversation.
hey RF, I didn't know you reside in the Cities. I live in NE mpls - how 'bout you?

hey RF, I didn't know you reside in the Cities. I live in NE mpls - how 'bout you?

Crap I was up there the weekend we played SJU at MSG...RF and I met for the game...if I knew I would've invited you too.

Crap I was up there the weekend we played SJU at MSG...RF and I met for the game...if I knew I would've invited you too.
cool, we'll have to try and do it next time!

Hey Pearl--didn't realize that you were "local" either!

Western suburbs--Plymouth area.

this guy is following the career arc of Tom Brennan.

Relative unknown ----> plays SU in tourney ----> falls in love with every microphone around him and becomes douchenozzle.

Not to be a jerk or try to show you up, etc...

But Tom Brennan was a douchenozzle before he beat SU!

Hey Pearl--didn't realize that you were "local" either!

Western suburbs--Plymouth area.
cool! my folks live out in Excelsior. how long have you lived up here?

Exact same lane violation call at the end of the ND-X game last night. It may be one of those things that the officials have been told to look for in this year's tourney? Like charging seemed to be in last year's tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom