On the brighter side of things... | Syracusefan.com

On the brighter side of things...

Van111

Starter
Yes, we got smacked down by Clemson, a team with probably 3 first round draft picks this year. But the D-line and LB's are our strength on Defense. We have 4 games, all very winnable, upcoming that plays into our strength rather than out weeknesses. If we can start out with a W against NC State, we are next up against one dimensional GT, against our stength. The real question is how does our offense bounce back. The secondary, although terrible to date, will have a chance to gain some confidence these next few games. Coming home to play a terrible Wake team helps too. Maryland is a big question mark, and I think the bottom falls out for them, we shall see.

FSU, lets face it, I am going to the game, but in reality they are a big play team, we probably get smoked again unless something major changes. Pitt is amother game where we may be just outscored, but there is familurity there, so we got a shot. Regardless, If we play great the rest of the way, we could be 8-4 or 7-5 and salvage oursleves with another bowl game with a chance to beat someone right before New Years again. I think the worse case is 5-7 or 6-6 just making a bowl. Point is, we still have plenty of football left and a chance to right the ship these next 4 weeks.

While our chances against FSU are slim, I hope we learned some things Saturday that will help us some in that game.

i think that 6-6 would be a successful season. With now the loss of lyn, the fact that even with shafer being part of the marrone staff we are still a team in transition; expecting 7-5 or 8-4 is a real stretch. i stayed out of the meltdown/ anger that erupted when marrone left but seeing what i have so far its frustrating to have to somewhat hit the restart button again. We were far from a bcs team and just starting to build so momentum.. then he leaves and takes hackett with him.. just ouch.

Five games in, with our 2nd qb starter playing his first decent opponent and the team still not having an identity- i am struggling to stay optomistic. Hopefully it was mainly clemson more than us and we can hit the road and beat nit state and go from there..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom