Once again... | Syracusefan.com

Once again...

We lose because we allow a career high to someone who averages less than 3 points a game. I knew when we couldn't hold a 4-6 point lead with 5:00 to go that we'd run out of gas.

Good effort but a lousy finish. Not enough depth.
Yea, I saw only the last 5 minutes, and I'll just never understand why the guards sag below the 3 pt line and dare them to shoot it. I was taught to never leave the ball, and these guys sit back on their heels and just let them get too comfortable out there. The 3 with about 90 seconds to go that put them up 5 was wide open, and you could see it develop for the last 5 minutes. Guards play catch above the line, stand on the perimeter and pass it 2-3 times and voila, wide open 21 footer. It's infuriating. Kaleb has obviously been told to make the rotations, but he can't get there in time, so he is running away from the guy with the ball already anticipating the next pass, and he is just never in the right position. It's a disaster. They finally starting trapping above the line with a couple minutes to go, when it was too late.

We lose because we allow a career high to someone who averages less than 3 points a game. I knew when we couldn't hold a 4-6 point lead with 5:00 to go that we'd run out of gas.

Like how you used the words "we allow" a career high and that can't more true, I get so sick of hearing people always complain how some nobody has a career day vs. SU and they make it seem like the lack of defense had nothing to do with it.

So many uncontested open shots today and really for the entire season, Pitt who has struggled to score all year made it look easy to score 83 points

once again just check out the bench points. 33-2. anyone see a pattern ?

tbonezone said:
once again just check out the bench points. 33-2. anyone see a pattern ?

Hey, wait a second, here. Don't sell us short. We had three!

It's so frustrating to know that you will lose the bench scoring battle the second one of their reserves hits a basket. Any basket.

our zone's tend to make better teams than us play worse than they are. our zone's tend to make worse teams play better than they are.

True, but there's not much of a bench to score. Look at it this way then, our starters outscored theirs 75-50. Doesn't matter, it's a loss.

You pretty much crushed his stats.

We don't play a bench.

They did tonight.

We lose because we allow a career high to someone who averages less than 3 points a game.

Sometimes I think a part of that is playing zone if you allow them catch and shoot and they decide they aren't feeling the pressure from a close out it can happen with a good shooter.
When you have a good shooter who is young it happens, we do it all the time with our 8th 9th men off the bench as well.

Much different then physical play or pressure on you when they receive the ball. In those circumstances they are thinking pass it off, nerves settle in and they are coached not to shoot. I love the 2-3 zone but they are going to get some open looks with it just as we create more motion against a man defense.

has anyone here besides me noticed that we have won an unreal % of our games over the last 29 years. I am so sick of hearing the whining. Oh, some nobody had a career game vs us. Big deal. We have been dominant the last 5 years. Just about averaged 30 wins a year. Were ranked #1 in two of those seasons and went to a final four in another. We have been and will be successful doing it our way. The tournament, in a win or go home is a crap shoot. Over the last 39 years we should have done a little better but overall, we have been nothing short of amazing. Look it up

I also hope people realize that we were in every one of our games with the exception of Clemson.

Sometimes I think a part of that is playing zone if you allow them catch and shoot and they decide they aren't feeling the pressure from a close out it can happen with a good shooter.
When you have a good shooter who is young it happens, we do it all the time with our 8th 9th men off the bench.

Much different then physical play or pressure on you when you receive the ball and they are thinking pass it off.

The dagger shot at the end was Kaleb's fault. They had to take a shot because the shot clock was almost out. Once the pass went from the top to the wing, KJ should have stayed with Cooney at the top to pinch off that guy and cut off the return pass. After all, he killed us the whole game. G had the wing guy covered and the only options that guy had was to chuck a contested shot or pass to a non-shooter in the corner for a shot they may never have gotten off. By Kaleb rotating and Cooney dropping in, that shot at the top was WIDE OPEN. Game over. Our guards have to understand how much time is left on the clock and where the shooters are. That defensive bungle sealed it.

I never thought I'd hate a guy named Jeter.

if by dominant you mean
a: winning your conference title
b: winning your conference tournament
c: making noise in the ncaas

then no we're not so dominant as you suggest. rather poor choice of words.successful yes.dominant no.

The dagger shot at the end was Kaleb's fault. They had to take a shot because the shot clock was almost out. Once the pass went from the top to the wing, KJ should have stayed with Cooney at the top to pinch off that guy and cut off the return pass. After all, he killed us the whole game. G had the wing guy covered and the only options that guy had was to chuck a contested shot or pass to a non-shooter in the corner for a shot they may never have gotten off. By Kaleb rotating and Cooney dropping in, that shot at the top was WIDE OPEN. Game over. Our guards have to understand how much time is left on the clock and where the shooters are. That defensive bungle sealed it.

I never thought I'd hate a guy named Jeter.
My kids said the same thing about Jeter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom