One last ESPN gripe for today | Syracusefan.com

One last ESPN gripe for today

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Yesterday afternoon my son and a group of his friends went to the local gym to play hoops. I'm all about this so of course I drove him there. And of course they called me to get them just as the brackets were being revealed. Fine, I have ESPN radio on one of the local affiliates so in the car I go.

EXCEPT, the Celtics vs. Bulls game was ending. In case you didn't know, this game was a blowout from the opening tip off. They kept teasing the NCAA bracket reveal show (hosted by know-nothing Finebaum) as they did a wrap-up segment from TD Garden, and then did another 15 minutes of post-game from Bristol. I was out of my mind. And they kept saying it was a blowout, yada yada. And I'm screaming at the radio (while there are 4 13 and 14 year old boys in my rig) to switch to the bracket show then because there IS NOTHING MORE TO SAY ABOUT THAT STUPID GAME.

/rant

Yesterday afternoon my son and a group of his friends went to the local gym to play hoops. I'm all about this so of course I drove him there. And of course they called me to get them just as the brackets were being revealed. Fine, I have ESPN radio on one of the local affiliates so in the car I go.

EXCEPT, the Celtics vs. Bulls game was ending. In case you didn't know, this game was a blowout from the opening tip off. They kept teasing the NCAA bracket reveal show (hosted by know-nothing Finebaum) as they did a wrap-up segment from TD Garden, and then did another 15 minutes of post-game from Bristol. I was out of my mind. And they kept saying it was a blowout, yada yada. And I'm screaming at the radio (while there are 4 13 and 14 year old boys in my rig) to switch to the bracket show then because there IS NOTHING MORE TO SAY ABOUT THAT STUPID GAME.

/rant
Simple solution. Satellite radio for about $100 a year. Lots of great music and sports including the golf channel. Well worth pennies per day.

Simple solution. Satellite radio for about $100 a year. Lots of great music and sports including the golf channel. Well worth pennies per day.

Man, you get a better deal than I do. I pay 13-14 a month and I still don't get all the channels. I'm going to call and threaten to cancel right now.

ugh...nba postgame could be the worst thing on the planet

Celts won that game by 20, and it actually wasn't that close if you can imagine.

Man, you get a better deal than I do. I pay 13-14 a month and I still don't get all the channels. I'm going to call and threaten to cancel right now.
It might take you an hour complaining to them on the phone but worth it.

Absolutely - you have to negotiate with them. Call them up and I promise you'll get a better deal. Disclaimer: When your subscription is up, they will auto renew it on your credit card at like one-point-twenty-one jillion dollars unless you preemptively call and say I want to keep my low rate or I'm walking.

/rant

Your new avatar is killing me, I wake up in cold sweats thinking about Vermont bball.

Your new avatar is killing me, I wake up in cold sweats thinking about Vermont bball.

Someone put the Sorrentine shot to Titanic music and I considered posting it here, but I know that will end in me taking a fairly long, if not permanent, vacation from here.

Edit - And I plan on taking that down as soon as UVM is eliminated from the tourney. Until then, I'm rooting for the home town boys and the other JB.

This reminds me of how my wife gets when they cut late to Knicks games on MSG because they're busy doing the postgame for that s**ty excuse for a hockey team, Buffalo Sabres. She loses her mind.

This reminds me of how my wife gets when they cut late to Knicks games on MSG because they're busy doing the postgame for that s**ty excuse for a hockey team, Buffalo Sabres. She loses her mind.

Yeah, I didn't handle it well. Luckily all of those boys have heard curse words before. They thought it was hysterical though.

They are doing you a favor, anything more than a few minutes of a Knicks game can be considered torture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom