One last look in the rear view mirror | Syracusefan.com

One last look in the rear view mirror

Orangello

Living Legend
I keep recalling JB's quote after his dinner with DM that "he wasn't looking to harm the school". I thought that was a strange thing to say at the time but makes sense to me now. Suggests to me that he knew he was going to take a bunch of the current staff with him.

I keep recalling JB's quote after his dinner with DM that "he wasn't looking to harm the school". I thought that was a strange thing to say at the time but makes sense to me now. Suggests to me that he knew he was going to take a bunch of the current staff with him.
I'd have to say there's zero chance that JB knew the extent of the pillaging that would occur and based on those comments may have thought he'd stay. And based on CTO's reaction my educated guess is we wouldn't be hearing those words from coach JB today.

I'd have to say there's zero chance that JB knew the extent of the pillaging that would occur and based on those comments may have thought he'd stay. And based on CTO's reaction my educated guess is we wouldn't be hearing those words from coach JB today.

Agree 100%.

i knew something was up when they showed Dougie on the big screen during the rutgers game to congratulate him for the pinstripe win. he looked like he wanted nothing to do the ovation he was given.

I never saw CTO's reaction, I must've missed that thread. Can you, or someone else, link it here?

When I said "he" I meant DM not JB. Sorry for the confusion. It's clear that JB had no idea DM was going to pillage the staff like he has. DM on the other hand knew all along what he was going to do. I have no problem with someone accepting a promotion, none at all. But when you come back and raid my business for your former co-employees you become the enemy just like one of my competitors. This smells more and more like someone with an axe to grind. Hal Luther was such a tremendous S&C coach that he had how many prior NFL job offers up till now ?

Thanks. I read that thread too. Still somehow I missed the CTO post and the one she quoted.

CTO hit the nail on the head. You don't behave like this with your alma mater unless you're really trying to harm it. I guess Crybaby Doug has really gotten back at all of those nasty SU fans now !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom