One of the biggest stories of the year | Syracusefan.com

One of the biggest stories of the year

GoSU96

Living Legend
the run defense.

Last four games, 106, 27, 85, -6.

That's how you win games.

Now, none of those teams are all that good running the ball, but other than Cinci and to a lesser extent Temple, none of the teams remaining are better than the last four.

As the ESPN announcers pointed out several times, the SU defense made sure UConn was not going to beat us again with the same 2 running plays they relied on last year.

As the ESPN announcers pointed out several times, the SU defense made sure UConn was not going to beat us again with the same 2 running plays they relied on last year.

Could've used that run defense during the 2004 Temple debacle, when the Owls ran one running play, QB Walter Washington up the middle, that SU couldn't stop all day.

what a difference have some nose tackles and dline guys playing with some depth and full use of their arms makes on D

wait a minute, are you implying that our coaching strategy/ability to ajust is improving... but but but i thought i heard you needed an established overpaid "name" to understand weaknesses and subsequently get more out of your team over time

please just give him three more years then re evaluate. he has demonstrated tangible field improvment as well as program level big picture improvement. i wish he was already at his peak, but since were already moving up his learning curve we might as well stick around to see the fruits of our patience!

*Post Paulus record: 16-14 with a bowl win

Could've used that run defense during the 2004 Temple debacle, when the Owls ran one running play, QB Walter Washington up the middle, that SU couldn't stop all day.

One problem. Temple had Walter Washington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom