One play you really liked | Syracusefan.com

One play you really liked

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
for me it was the end around with Kobena that picked up a first down ... would not mind seeing that utilized once or twice a game

Favorite play last night was Antwon trucking that linebacker to put the final nail in the coffin with that last TD. I also loved the reaction of the cornerback (#6 I think) when he saw AB run his buddy over.

Mine wasn't about strategy or anything. It was the kick return for a touchdown. They had just scored, were back in it, and had a chance to get some momentum swinging back their way if they got a stop. Then Graham kicks 'em in the gut with that TD. It was like the bully holding your bag of lunch within reach right in front of you. Then when you reach for it they snatch it away and eat it right in front of you. And tonight we were the bully.

Favorite play last night was Antwon trucking that linebacker to put the final nail in the coffin with that last TD. I also loved the reaction of the cornerback (#6 I think) when he saw AB run his buddy over.

Ooh, that was a good one too!

Not one play in particular but the third down conversions to Flemming/Chew/Stevens etc

The 29 yard TD pass to David Stevens for our first 2nd half score. WVU had a good opening drive and cut the score to 21-16. We were driving, but I was worried we were going to stall and settle for a FG...and then boom, touchdown.

Nassib following two lead blockers untouched and in for the TD total smash mouth football loved it!!

The throw to west that went for a first down. Incredible pass by nassib.

The kickoff return by Graham, because it stirred up the Dome, making it sound like a hornet's nest.

Nassib following two lead blockers untouched and in for the TD total smash mouth football loved it!!

Yes! Me too. We've been waiting for a goal line QB sneak or something to show that our O-line has the moxie to pound out one difficult but critical yard. The QB keeper was a great cap to the ground pounding of Bailey, Smith and AAM.

It also highlighted just how flummoxed that WVa D was. We had them on their heels all night.

The return was a close second to me.

Kinda liked the series of sacks on Smith ... really took the wind out of the sails of their O

Not neccesarily my favorite play but when Baily threw to Lemon and Lemon skied for it just before the Mountineer Mascot shot it down with his rifle lol

One I liked, just because of how incredibly well it was executed, was the play action pass that resulted in a 24 yard gain for Provo. That fake was one of the best I've ever seen. I know I was definitely fooled, and clearly WVU (and possibly Ant) was fooled too.

I liked the Jones sack with a wv lineman on one arm and Smith on another.

Not neccesarily my favorite play but when Baily threw to Lemon and Lemon skied for it just before the Mountineer Mascot shot it down with his rifle lol
Lemon looked like a small forward going up for a rebound - great elevation & he needed it to get that wounded duck!

The fake zone-read play and quick pop to Provo. Ran it a few times and he was WIDE open each time.

Would have to be the kickoff return for the td. Seeing as how i watched that play 10 times more than any other.I like to rewind over and over to see and hear the crowds reactions.

for me it was the end around with Kobena that picked up a first down ... would not mind seeing that utilized once or twice a game
I have an obscure choice: About 5 minutes to go, and the outcome is not in question--WVU has a 4th down, and Smith completes a pass down the left sideline, just short of the marker, for an apparent first down. But the defense rallies to the ball, hits the receiver, stands him up and pushes him back. Orange takes over on downs. Loved the effort, and the attitude.

Jones second sack . Drove his blocker right into the Geno. Decibal level was momentus

I absolutely loved the pass to Graham on the first scoring drive. It all started with a beautiful pocket formed by the offensive line. It was a thing of beauty to see Nassib notice the perfect triangle of protection formed around him. He found the "sweet spot" of the pocket while squaring his shoulders to deliver a great pass to Dorian. After catching the well thrown ball Dorian saw the defender and baited him in. As soon as his defender bit, he ran past him and left him in the dust. After that, he got most tough yards he could while making sure to secure the ball.

This play was such perfection and something any team would be proud of. Amazing big time play that lead to a TD. After seeing that (along with his other fine plays) #10 is now my favorite receiver on the team. HCDM might have the same feeling I do on this.

So many great plays.

I have to say, the one play I have thought about a lot is the droppd post pattern throw to Provo.

It was well-schemed - very well thrown - wide open.

Gosh, I wish he had caught it.

Still, a beautiful play.

Jones second sack . Drove his blocker right into the Geno. Decibal level was momentus

That's mine. He basically tackled both of them, Geno with one arm around his shoulder. Wow!

But there are no bad choices on this list. It was a night of great plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom