One positive, I guess... | Syracusefan.com

One positive, I guess...

hungrychuck

All Conference
...while this may be the worst team I’ve seen JB put on the floor since 1976, and I’ve seen all of them...

...they are a lot more fun to watch than what we’ve put out there in recent years.

Soccer fans might understand. They’re back to playing “the beautiful game,” and that is a good thing, even as they play very little defense.

If we’re no longer an elite program or at least something close to that, I’d rather we play an interesting brand of ball.

...while this may be the worst team I’ve seen JB put on the floor since 1976, and I’ve seen all of them...

...they are a lot more fun to watch than what we’ve put out there in recent years.

Soccer fans might understand. They’re back to playing “the beautiful game,” and that is a good thing, even as they play very little defense.

If we’re no longer an elite program or at least something close to that, I’d rather we play an interesting brand of ball.

Entertaining, yes!
Interesting, no!
:)

It is a lot easier watch but there are still moments when we seem to magic circle around the top of the key and fire a 35 footer. I think ND's lack of interest in defending helped the enjoyment level immensely. Either way - better than 51-50 slugfests.

Call me crazy, but I'd gladly trade in "interesting" for a few more wins.

If it comes down to winning 53-50 or losing 81-84, the answer for which one you prefer is pretty obvious. It's always about wins. But if we are going to lose, which has happened pretty frequently (relatively) the last few years and probably more this year than the last few years, I will take the 81-84.

If it comes down to winning 53-50 or losing 81-84, the answer for which one you prefer is pretty obvious. It's always about wins. But if we are going to lose, which has happened pretty frequently (relatively) the last few years and probably more this year than the last few years, I will take the 81-84.
I don't think the answer is obvious for a lot of people who post on this board.

I don't think the answer is obvious for a lot of people who post on this board.
Oh please everyone wants to win - this team is going to be mediocre if not worse either way. Stylistically we need to play faster and looser to attract kids. Sanctions, age of JB, near misses on kids or whatever the reason our talent level is down - IMHO style of play is attributing to that.

Would I rather win 53-52 or lose 84-80? Like most fans it is obviously the former. However, this team doesn't seem to be going to the NCAA's so let's at least see some excitement along the way. That will keep me watching if nothing else. The last two years have been boring to watch to say the least so this is refreshing from that standpoint.

Do I want to see us get back to being a relevant program? Of course, but that's not going to happen until we fill a couple of holes in our roster. We obviously need better recruits. Who knows if that will improve in the years ahead. These kids are trying their best and the effort is definitely there so we have to accept what it is, for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom