One positive in the news surrounding DC's injury | Syracusefan.com

One positive in the news surrounding DC's injury

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
The basketball office is calling the injury by it's proper name "knee injury."

Tonight on the news the men's lacrosse team said lower body injury in relation to Nicky Galasso.

Makes me want to gag every time I hear that kind of phraseology.

I agree, but they use the LBI and UBI tags because of HIPAA. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

I agree, but they use the LBI and UBI tags because of HIPAA. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Then why does basketball say it is the knee and he had knee surgery?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

I understand the HIPAA argument, but that's not what you usually see in press reports from other schools.

I think SU takes things to an extreme of this issue.

My guess would be...as I have had a little experience with HIPAA...is that when they specify an injury and/or treatment in the media, they have received the patient's permission to do so...when they don't have premission, or not yet received it, they have to be general about the injury/treatment...

All they have do is get permission to reveal the injuryfrom the family.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Then why does basketball say it is the knee and he had knee surgery?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Good question, but I'm telling you that is why football does it, and apparently lacrosse.

All they have do is get permission to reveal the injuryfrom the family.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Not sure why they would do this. There is no added benefit to the team to be specific about the injury to the media/public.

Good question, but I'm telling you that is why football does it, and apparently lacrosse.

Not sure why they would do this. There is no added benefit to the team to be specific about the injury to the media/public.

I recall Marrone one time saying other teams weren't revealing injuries so he wasn't going to (or something along those lines)