One should not use this game to compare | Syracusefan.com

One should not use this game to compare

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Rak and Okafor.

Okafor got 4-5 point blank, undefended dunks because Rak had to help on defense. Rak, on the other hand start most of his offensive moves 6-8 feet from the basket with two defenders in between. If Rak played for Duke and Okafor for SU, their stats would be vastly different. Heck, if you switched Kaleb and Tyus, Rak's and Okafor's stats would be much different.

I'm not directly comparing the two, just saying that this game has limited value for such a comparison.

This is correct, and exactly what Duke's strategy was -- we just handed them the win (and Oakafor a bigger stat line) by allowing their guards to drive the lane at will in the second half. There are simple reasons for this -- lack of depth/fresh legs would have made a difference -- and obviously Duke's guards exposed our perimeter defense (again).

I have nothing bad to say about Duke ... well coached, talented players, good academic school that has no need to invite shady characters into their facilities to lure recruits. My beaf is with refs that swallow their whistles at one end and call touch fouls at the other.

i'd agree that a lot of okafor's points weren't directly on rakim. but bottomline he was badly outplayed. motivation ammunition.

i'd agree that a lot of okafor's points weren't directly on rakim. but bottomline he was badly outplayed. motivation ammunition.
No worries ... since Rak isn't going to be guarding centers in the NBA anyway. He's a PF all the way. That said, I'd like to see him get his back fixed up and hand it to Oakafor when we play them at Cameron.

i remember craig forth abusing an injured emeka okafor in a dome finale. hope rax gets it together and goes full taliban in cameron.

ESPN highlights were friendly to Rak at least.

Bottom line is that Okafor scored and Rak didn't. Okafor's shots were easier but Rak couldn't buy a bucket. Then when Rak did everything right and got Okafor fouled out, the ref swallowed the whistle and effectively gave the win to Duke.

i remember craig forth abusing an injured emeka okafor in a dome finale. hope rax gets it together and goes full taliban in cameron.

Forth!!! Beast mode!

He was always better than Okafor! It's a shame nobody ever realized it! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom