One thing I have learned over the years... | Syracusefan.com

One thing I have learned over the years...

jec1521

2nd String
is to ENJOY this. Regardless of what we do in the ACC and NCAA tournament, this is a special season. 24-0 in a major conference with blue bloods in it like Duke and UNC is really almost impossible, and we will probably never see it again in our lifetime.

So no matter what happens in March, sit down, take a breath, sip a beer, and savor it. Because there will be times in the future where things aren't so bright, and you'll look back at this season and say "wow."

I try to adhere to that philosophy in life but the truth of the matter is it's how you finish.

is to ENJOY this. Regardless of what we do in the ACC and NCAA tournament, this is a special season. 24-0 in a major conference with blue bloods in it like Duke and UNC is really almost impossible, and we will probably never see it again in our lifetime.

So no matter what happens in March, sit down, take a breath, sip a beer, and savor it. Because there will be times in the future where things aren't so bright, and you'll look back at this season and say "wow."
Totally agree.

March matters, but to throw the whole season out the window once the tournament starts is silly. These kids are doing something special and we'll look back on it some day and realize how great it was.

The goal is to win the national championship, but not doing that doesn't mean this season won't be considered successful.

Enjoy the ride.

I love this team - just an unbelievably likable group of guys. But anything less than a Final Four would be a tremendous disappointment. Nobody savors the 1991 season, for example, when we had a great regular season and a miserable March (not to sound douchey).

Damn straight ! Winning everthing in this day and age is hard to do. These kids put their heart and souls into these games (and practices) every day and deserve better to be judged solely on an EOY tourney. The best team does not always win the Big Dance.

March is beyond important, but no one is taking that away from me. No one is taking the Duke game and that incredible weekend away.

Still, Buffalo and MSG are almost a given barring a complete collapse and does anyone honestly think that's going to happen with the Legend of 4.4?

Couldnt agree more as a fan. At the beginning of the season, if you had said at this point that we d be 4-0 against unc, duk, pitt and we d beat villanova, everyone would have signed up. Its great as fans to stop and smell the roses. Somehow i dont think the players will be smelling the roses for too long tho and im ok w that! Go Cuse!