One thing in our favor | Syracusefan.com

One thing in our favor

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
the ACC isn't very good. Not like the old Big East, anyway. The bottom teams suck.

Exactly. 3 Teams clearly above the rest. Duke, Louisville, and Virginia.

We have 9 games against what I would consider tough opponents.

2 Duke
2 Pitt
VA
ND
MIA
Lville
UNC.

I think we'll be able to squeak out 2 wins out of those, if that's the case we'll have to go 7-2 against the rest of the field to be 9-9, GT, Clemson, and BC haven't looked bad this year, we could just as easily lose two to the bottom half of the conference as we could win 2 against the top.

Nine wins before the ACC schedule starts.

So we're going to need to go at least 11-7 in conference to secure a bid, but expect a lot of bubble talk along the way.

Nine wins before the ACC schedule starts.

So we're going to need to go at least 11-7 in conference to secure a bid, but expect a lot of bubble talk along the way.
we won't go 11-7.

we won't go 11-7.

Unless the players develop at a better rate than our more established competition. It may not some likely now, but it is possible. Personally, I'm choosing not to make many predictions either way, but I respect those of you who do, and wish some of you(this isnt directed at anyone specifically) would respect each other more.

What JB said was true of the team now, in this moment. It may not be true of the team at the end of the season, or even in a month.

Last edited:
JABs PC comments were sobering.

Funny you say that. After being mocked on here this week for lack of sobriety, I went through an NFL game and our game and about 2 hours of this board afterward without drinking at all. It wasn't until I had the presser on my screen that I started drinking, and I found it quite enjoyable actually! At times JB is as entertaining/interesting as the game itself, and on some occasions even more so. Definitely some genuine sentiment as evidenced by him screaming without even being prompted at the end. Knowing how some coaches speak during practice, I had the sense of him for a very brief moment forgetting who he was talking to.

Last edited:
We have 9 games against what I would consider tough opponents.

2 Duke
2 Pitt
VA
ND
MIA
Lville
UNC.

I think we'll be able to squeak out 2 wins out of those, if that's the case we'll have to go 7-2 against the rest of the field to be 9-9, GT, Clemson, and BC haven't looked bad this year, we could just as easily lose two to the bottom half of the conference as we could win 2 against the top.

Two wins...come on...

FairfaxOrange said:
Two wins...come on...

How many do you think we win out of that bunch? It will be extremely difficult to pull out 4.

I think we win 4-5...We will win one of the Pitt or Duke home games...We'll beat Miami at the dome and UVA at the dome. I think we also beat ND and I think we can beat UNC at the dome too. I think this team will be pretty good...We may not see eye to eye on that.

FairfaxOrange said:
I think we win 4-5...We will win one of the Pitt or Duke home games...We'll beat Miami at the dome and UVA at the dome. I think we also beat ND and I think we can beat UNC at the dome too. I think this team will be pretty good...We may not see eye to eye on that.

I disagree but I'm rooting for your outcome more than mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom