One thing that does bother me a bit is that every | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One thing that does bother me a bit is that every

time we get to the final four,a major team is waiting for us there.
1975 Kentucky
1987 Providence (okay) and North carolina
1996 Miss St (okay) and then Kentucky
2003 Texas and Kansas
2013 Michigan
2016 North Carolina

When do we get Florida Atlantic ? Or Ga Tech? Or anyone like that? And the funny thing is, when we do
get a break earlier in the tournament, our own fans won't let us forget it.

And when UConn wins it all we then have to play along with everybody and pretend they were good.

That KY team went a very strong 12 deep.
It was a really stacked team. I still believe that if Sims doesn’t miss about 5 minutes, which is when Kentucky got comfortable, SU wins.
As to the UCLA teams, you you only play 5 at a time. They had no one who could have handled either of those guys.

Well, in 1996 we were one of the “what are they doing here” teams.
I tend to think that after 4 games, the teams left are all pretty good.
1996 was when Dick Vitale was screaming from the rooftops that the Final Four needed to be reseeded because Kentucky and UMass played on Saturday when he thought they should be playing Monday night

96 we avoided the 1 seed and played UGa in that classic

Yeah, and in 2004 Alabama beat Stanford, and in 1999 I want to say Auburn got upset early and our side of the bracket totally opened up with the upsets in both 2010 and 2011 on and on its goes. Just have to win games to take advantage.

Yeah, and in 2004 Alabama beat Stanford, and in 1999 I want to say Auburn got upset early and our side of the bracket totally opened up with the upsets in both 2010 and 2011 on and on its goes. Just have to win games to take advantage.

True Auburn lost early but we would’ve played them had we beaten Ok St. since they lost a round later to Ohio St.

Had we beat Ok St
1 Auburn
4 Ohio State (final four team)
3 St John’s with Artest

True Auburn lost early but we would’ve played them had we beaten Ok St. since they lost a round later to Ohio St.

Had we beat Ok St
1 Auburn
4 Ohio State (final four team)
3 St John’s with Artest

That OSU/SJU regional final was one of my favorites of all-time, great game. Scoonie Penn revisiting his Big East days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom