one thing the board should do tomorrow. | Syracusefan.com

one thing the board should do tomorrow.

upperdeck

Living Legend
call/write/txt/email xm radio and ask Mike Leach one simple question.

" Coach how much of your offense can you install given your line cant block, your QB is inaccurate, your rcrvs cant create separation. Do you need players or can you do it with average talent."

if he says anything like I can make most of it work, then get him to DM and see if he will come for 1-2 yrs. he wants back in so let him start as a OC to work his way back to head coach.. If DM is as smart as he seems he should take half is pay and give it to him to come and hit up McNabb or someone for an allowance to make it so.

If he says you need players, then its all on recruiting more talent so get Zook in here. He got play makers at Ill so he can get them anywhere.

That would be great if that could happen. I have to wonder what stands in the way of doing something this? Is it money or Marrone's ego.

call/write/txt/email xm radio and ask Mike Leach one simple question.

" Coach how much of your offense can you install given your line cant block, your QB is inaccurate, your rcrvs cant create separation. Do you need players or can you do it with average talent."

if he says anything like I can make most of it work, then get him to DM and see if he will come for 1-2 yrs. he wants back in so let him start as a OC to work his way back to head coach.. If DM is as smart as he seems he should take half is pay and give it to him to come and hit up McNabb or someone for an allowance to make it so.

If he says you need players, then its all on recruiting more talent so get Zook in here. He got play makers at Ill so he can get them anywhere.

get real...the line is adequate...every qb in college gets pressured, there are fews plays with perfect protection. also, leach never had amazing recievers...his system runs well spaced and thought out complimentary routes that get guys open

i don't think it's a marrone thing as much as it is a money thing. face it, su is a private school with a ridiculously small undergrad base compared to the rest of the d1 programs, and our extremely wealthy alumni seems to not want to send money our way...not the best situation to try and build a great football program

i don't think it's a marrone thing as much as it is a money thing. face it, su is a private school with a ridiculously small undergrad base compared to the rest of the d1 programs, and our extremely wealthy alumni seems to not want to send money our way...not the best situation to try and build a great football program

So - We would entertain bringing in a coach that "allegedly" locked a kid in a closet/room and was fired for it, on the heels of the bernie fine mess?

That's not happening. But maybe we could bring back Mitch Browning. If Marrone wants a strong running game, he'd be the ideal pick.

Yeah how much money do you plan to donate when you graduate? Practice what you preach or shut up.

We have plenty of money now that we are in the ACC money shouldnt be an issue

So - We would entertain bringing in a coach that "allegedly" locked a kid in a closet/room and was fired for it, on the heels of the bernie fine mess?
when did i say bring mike leach in in that post? i simply stated some of the issues around why su can't bring in big name coaches.
Yeah how much money do you plan to donate when you graduate? Practice what you preach or shut up.
i plan to donate what i can afford when i graduate, but the military doesn't pay as well as the nfl or a huge corporation. does that satisfy your "practice what you preach argument" tough guy?

when did i say bring mike leach in in that post? i simply stated some of the issues around why su can't bring in big name coaches.

i plan to donate what i can afford when i graduate, but the military doesn't pay as well as the nfl or a huge corporation. does that satisfy your "practice what you preach argument" tough guy?
A lot have people have donated huge amounts, including a few on this board, to more important things than sports. CTO has her name all over campus, as well as in the Melo Center. Plenty of players have donated money to us, but they give a lot to charities, which is more important.

Name me some NFL alumni that have made the big bucks besides Freeney, Harrison, or McNabb so we can figure out who to get the check from.

A lot have people have donated huge amounts, including a few on this board, to more important things than sports. CTO has her name all over campus, as well as in the Melo Center. Plenty of players have donated money to us, but they give a lot to charities, which is more important.

Name me some NFL alumni that have made the big bucks besides Freeney, Harrison, or McNabb so we can figure out who to get the check from.

Kevin Johnson, Donovan Darius, Mungro did well for himself, Olinda Mare kicked for ages, Keith Bulluck, Will Allen, Rob Konrad, Chris Gedney (in TV), Roland Williams (in TV), Morlon Greenwood and a few others have done rather well. That is without even really digging and even though those guys aren't HOF types they have all done rather well for themselves I am willing to bet.

Kevin Johnson, Donovan Darius, Mungro did well for himself, Olinda Mare kicked for ages, Keith Bulluck, Will Allen, Rob Konrad, Chris Gedney (in TV), Roland Williams (in TV), Morlon Greenwood and a few others have done rather well. That is without even really digging and even though those guys aren't HOF types they have all done rather well for themselves I am willing to bet.
Looking into the grand scheme of things, however, how many of those guys brought in over 20 mil? If I made 20 mil i would donate 1 million max to the school. That's 5% of your entire career earnings which have to last you the rest of your life unless you do what Konrad did and find a nice job. We can't expect these guys to donate 3 million like Melo did, they didn't make enough money.

Looking into the grand scheme of things, however, how many of those guys brought in over 20 mil? If I made 20 mil i would donate 1 million max to the school. That's 5% of your entire career earnings which have to last you the rest of your life unless you do what Konrad did and find a nice job. We can't expect these guys to donate 3 million like Melo did, they didn't make enough money.

They don't have to donate $3 million ... if you have 20 NFLers donate $100,000 each that is how much money ... $2 million ... enough for some serious upgrading before you even get into the ACC money.

They don't have to donate $3 million ... if you have 20 NFLers donate $100,000 each that is how much money ... $2 million ... enough for some serious upgrading before you even get into the ACC money.

Under that same theory, if you take every student that graduates, let's round that 3200 students annually, that donate a 1 time gift of $1000, that would equal 3.2M per year.

the university has a huge hand in molding what kind of people we become, and I think everyone should give back to something so intertwined in a person's success. i wasn't asking for huge amounts of money, but getting a bunch of the guys, that made it to where they are today partially because of su, together to donate what is essentially pocket change to them to help with recruiting and facilities isn't all that much to ask for.

the university has a huge hand in molding what kind of people we become, and I think everyone should give back to something so intertwined in a person's success. i wasn't asking for huge amounts of money, but getting a bunch of the guys, that made it to where they are today partially because of su, together to donate what is essentially pocket change to them to help with recruiting and facilities isn't all that much to ask for.
See I can agree with this, your statement about "extremely wealthy alumni" made it seem like they were expected to give millions.

Under that same theory, if you take every student that graduates, let's round that 3200 students annually, that donate a 1 time gift of $1000, that would equal 3.2M per year.

That is very true ... never said it couldn't be done but lets face not every alum can just fork out a grand either ... but even if they could and we did that a grand to some would be the equivalent of $10K or more to those athletes since some of them make 10 times or a lot more than what the average alum would make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom