One things for sure... | Syracusefan.com

One things for sure...

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
Dickie Simpkins, sure does likes his heat check...

too much mustard on that pass right there, Howling. How can we go undefeated if we put too much mustard on our passes!!! Huh! How!

They all roll out the old tired cliches and memes... you can be assured of hearing about Fab being a different player. Dion losing weight and having a newfound attitude, CJ having worked on a mid range jumper. yada yada yada. Hell, any of us could commentate these games in that fashion.

At one point Dickey Simpkins downgraded Fab from having a Mansion in Block City (which is located right outside of Syracuse apparently) to just having a condo.

I honestly don't mind him for these crap games. Not much insight but his voice is soothing. Like listenng to Dr. Hibbert all game.

We are nothing until digger says we are on a mission!

I actually like his announcing. He is bringing back all the sayings I remember from high school. Many of them I had forgotten about! I guess I should mention I was in high school 15 years ago. Also since realizing a post is sarcasm is not a strength of many of us on this board, I am being sarcastic. I don't dislike him, plenty of worse announcers out there and I would rather have someone stating the obvious than not knowing what the are talking about, but he also wouldn't be my top choice.

I actually liked the french fry vs. Krispy Kreme doughnut analogy.

"They're handing out movie tickets!"

I'm still not totally sure why that means bad defense but by process of elimination I have determined it means bad defense.

I legitimately can't wait untill this guy is commentating for us this year. Hurry up bball season.

Question: Doris or Digger?

Both drive me nuts. I cant stand Digger's tie and highlighter combo. And he always likes to talk about ND's "student-athletes" vs. other teams' "athletes."

Doris just doesnt know what she is talking about and if home crowds didnt go nuts after a great play, she would have no idea that a great play actually happened.

Question: Doris or Digger?

Both drive me nuts. I cant stand Digger's tie and highlighter combo. And he always likes to talk about ND's "student-athletes" vs. other teams' "athletes."

Doris just doesnt know what she is talking about and if home crowds didnt go nuts after a great play, she would have no idea that a great play actually happened.
Doris, ever since she said devendorf sniffs dueces shes won my affinity.

How long do you think it will be before networks have 2 broadcasting teams and figure out a way to let you pick the one you want?

How long do you think it will be before networks have 2 broadcasting teams and figure out a way to let you pick the one you want?
Never, its an expense they will never cover. You'll get what you get and like it. I mute the TV a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom