One Week in February... | Syracusefan.com

One Week in February...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Looking ahead to ACC play...

Our conference schedule includes home-and-home with Virginia but the only other elite games (as of now) we'll have to make some noise all come over a one-week stretch from February 17-24.

Other teams obviously have the ability to move up (Florida State, L'Ville, Clemson, ND potentially could be Top 25), but likely not Top 10-15.

Over that span, we'll play:

Feb. 17 - at Miami
Feb. 21 - UNC
Feb. 24 - at Duke

Could go a long way in determining not only our NCAA fate but where we will be on the seed line as well. I think all three have shown that they are capable of dropping games.

Should be an interesting conference season!

I've circled that home UNC game on the ol' calendar several times over

Looking ahead to ACC play...

Our conference schedule includes home-and-home with Virginia but the only other elite games (as of now) we'll have to make some noise all come over a one-week stretch from February 17-24.

Other teams obviously have the ability to move up (Florida State, L'Ville, Clemson, ND potentially could be Top 25), but likely not Top 10-15.

Over that span, we'll play:

Feb. 17 - at Miami
Feb. 21 - UNC
Feb. 24 - at Duke

Could go a long way in determining not only our NCAA fate but where we will be on the seed line as well. I think all three have shown that they are capable of dropping games.

Should be an interesting conference season!
I really hope we have 7/8 conference wins at this point

It feels like we have never really played great against UNC in recent years. Well, not since the '09 game in MSG when we blew them out... and that's not that recent.

It feels like we have never really played great against UNC in recent years. Well, not since the '09 game in MSG when we blew them out... and that's not that recent.

Might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the Ennis team smacked em around

Last edited:
Might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the Ennis team smacked em around

Yep. I looked it up. We beat them 57-45 in 2014. Both teams put on quite an offensive display apparently. I don't remember that game at all. (UNC is 9-4 all-time against SU)

Marcus Paige just chucked up shots all game looking like Howard Washington’s last 3 against the Bonnie’s
yeah they were pretty bad that year - that game was early-ish in the season and I think they eventually righted the ship enough to get into the tourney, but probably ol Roy's worst team at unc

yeah they were pretty bad that year - that game was early-ish in the season and I think they eventually righted the ship enough to get into the tourney, but probably ol Roy's worst team at unc

Roy put up a couple of real stinkers around a lot of gems. He had a sub 500 year pretty sure around that time.

Their 2010 team (that was housed on at MSG) was way worse. Only went 5-11 in the ACC and lost in the NIT.

Roy put up a couple of real stinkers around a lot of gems. He had a sub 500 year pretty sure around that time.

Honestly, I’m not overly impressed with their team this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom