Only 1 bad half, yet 7 losses? | Syracusefan.com

Only 1 bad half, yet 7 losses?

Clearly, we're playing the toughest schedule in the history of CBB.

You just don't mess with Wyatt, Lee, Hilliard and Gardner.

Those quotes are just so silly.

Not worth reading or listening to.

How is this possible?

Yeah that remark puzzled me, too. JB usually has an excellent handle on his team and the college hoops landscape in general but not so sure about this year. Some play-by-play guys were recently (maybe mid-February) quoting JB saying that he thought besides a couple of favorites that SU was one of 10-12 teams that could win it all. JB is not one to overstate his team's abilities but that one had me scratching my head.

Yeah that remark puzzled me, too. JB usually has an excellent handle on his team and the college hoops landscape in general but not so sure about this year. Some play-by-play guys were recently (maybe mid-February) quoting JB saying that he thought besides a couple of favorites that SU was one of 10-12 teams that could win it all. JB is not one to overstate his team's abilities but that one had me scratching my head.

I don't think that's remarkable - when his team is down, he's going to talk them up (regardless of what he believes).

But he does routinely say ridiculous and contradictory things.

I don't think that's remarkable - when his team is down, he's going to talk them up (regardless of what he believes).

But he does routinely say ridiculous and contradictory things.

Like disregarding the 2nd half of Detroit, in which we were outscored 47-32.

Like disregarding the 2nd half of Detroit, in which we were outscored 47-32.

That was the first one that came to mind. Just a train wreck (and the first time the "Carter-Williams is Magic Johnson" crowd got a glimpse of the future).

How is this possible?

Because we don't really have any "good" halfs this year and the rest can be classified as average or below aveage but not quite bad like that 1 half?

I dunno man I've got nothing here. I'm imagining Tony Montana saying "chu need halfs like that so you can't point you're ****ing finger and say that's tha bad half! Whats that make you good?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom