Only DM can keep this from being an annual issue | Syracusefan.com

Only DM can keep this from being an annual issue

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
While I have not been a big DM fan and I do not expect that he'll land either job (not worth getting into as its not relevant) - there is nothing to keep this from becoming a serious issue for the program other than DM signing an extension and pulling his name out of the process (although neither will prevent this from happening again next year).

The NFL will always be the NFL and if DM aspires to be a head coach in The League he is going to continue to go for it.

To me, interviewing is either a leverage ploy for a big money extension or a true desire to coach at the highest level. If it is the later, that will never change regardless of how much money SU throws DMs way since NFL money will always trump college money and the cache of being a NFL head coach will also trump college.

DM has helped create his own mess here - even if his only mistake has been allowing his name to be linked to the NFL openings. Every recruiter going forward can now legitimately bring up DM's long-term plan regarding his tenure at SU. I agree with the poster who mentioned other college coaches whose names were linked to NFL interest - the only way to prevent damage is to announce no interest and move on. As it stands now, one can assume that if DM is interested in the NFL this year, his name is going to come up next year too.

DM sold us the dream job scenario and now he has helped create what could be an annual problem by linking himself to the open NFL jobs. I hope he interviews well and gets a real long look from both teams because it would suck to know that he created this problem without having any real shot at either job.

We have our own Tom O'Brien now. Great.

I hope they pull a BC/Jags move and cut bait ASAP with recruits in lurch. Only diff is bring in a non spaz like coach

The endgame is here. I was being sarcastic but not sure I like how this will end

I wish Addazio was out there still. Perfect candidate when Marrone leaves

I wish Addazio was out there still. Perfect candidate when Marrone leaves

I've waited long enough ... I think you should just stop talking now ... take a timeout and think things through.

No and he wasn't being sarcastic before that either .. it was a poor attempt at saving face.

I was 100% sarcastic about jags and 100% serious about Addazio. How is that crazy if we are looking for a coach in 48 hours. I consider Marrone gone at this point. If he wasn't serious he'd have pulled his name. His silence and the espn insider fawning over him has me convinced he's gone.

Not sure why the anger over my post I can assure you no one bleeds orange more than me. It's a forum and we should post speculation, opinion and sarcasm once in a while.

I was 100% sarcastic about jags and 100% serious about Addazio. How is that crazy if we are looking for a coach in 48 hours. I consider Marrone gone at this point. If he wasn't serious he'd have pulled his name. His silence and the espn insider fawning over him has me convinced he's gone.

Not sure why the anger over my post I can assure you no one bleeds orange more than me. It's a forum and we should post speculation, opinion and sarcasm once in a while.

He is obviously serious but he is far from gone. They have not even lined up interviews or a complete list of candidates yet. Problem is the damage is done and cannot be easily reversed. DM has done s terrible job of handling this whole thing.

Well I'm glad you know how much the rest of us bleed orange ... if you consider someone gone simply because they interview for a position then I am glad you don't work in my HR department. He is silent for various reasons and if you read some of the other threads on this board you can gleam a few ... I have no anger over your post ... I consider them both outlandish and ridiculous ... I think its that simple. Your original post had nothing to play off of ... this is nothing like the O'Brien situation nor is it funny to make cracks about leaving recruits in the lurch (whether you see it that way or not) since some of these kids are making the most important decision of their lives when it comes to school of choice. The statement had no merit and no basis to create any level of sarcasm ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom