Option Play, 1st and 10 at Midfield on 2nd-To-Last Drive | Syracusefan.com

Option Play, 1st and 10 at Midfield on 2nd-To-Last Drive

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Hunt just completes a pass for 12 yards. First down. Good start to the drive. And the brilliant staff brings in Broyld to run the option?! With 7 minutes left trailing by 1?!

And then, follows that play call up with a run up the middle to a redshirt freshman RB. Love Morris, think he's going to be great for us, but where the heck is Jerome Smith?!?

I'm flabbergasted. This was an extremely winnable game and a game we should have won. Don't know what else to say.

i liked the play call, its just going to be tough to be successful running the ball when the D doesnt have to worry about protecting the pass. mcdonald was trying to find creative ways to run the ball

i thought a worse play call was that 3rd and 1 on our own 40 when we called a slant and obviously had to punt

Last edited:
i liked the play call, its judt gouh to be successful running the ball when the D doesnt have to worry about protecting the pass.

i thought a worse play call was that 3rd and 1 on our own 40 when we called a slant and obviously had to punt
I agree on both counts. The pass on 3rd and 1 was completely befuddling.

I agree on both counts. The pass on 3rd and 1 was completely befuddling.

Absolutely the most frustrating play call of the game!