Options going forward. | Syracusefan.com

Options going forward.

crzdsufan

Walk On
This is a difficult season and likely to become more challenging, duh. That said let me propose a shake up to our starting five. I suggest putting Buddy down to the small forward spot. He has good size 6'6" and would drag some defenders out to the perimeter when ball in hand. Possibly down low he becomes a better re bounder knowing he does not have to leave early to cover the backside on missed shots. Second put Hughes at the shooting guard where he is a capable rebounder on missed shots, is able to penetrate when opportunity presents itself and a quicker and better defender there. Also he has more speed to better defend fast breaks. Just some options I think could possibly help on offense and defense.

This is a difficult season and likely to become more challenging, duh. That said let me propose a shake up to our starting five. I suggest putting Buddy down to the small forward spot. He has good size 6'6" and would drag some defenders out to the perimeter when ball in hand. Possibly down low he becomes a better re bounder knowing he does not have to leave early to cover the backside on missed shots. Second put Hughes at the shooting guard where he is a capable rebounder on missed shots, is able to penetrate when opportunity presents itself and a quicker and better defender there. Also he has more speed to better defend fast breaks. Just some options I think could possibly help on offense and defense.
On offense your "changes" aren't changes. It's not like Buddy stands at the top of the key (despite what some try to get you to believe) and Hughes doesn't stand next to the sidelines. And you can't just tell the opposing team "hey Buddy is playing the 3 not a 2".