Orange's tossed aside | Syracusefan.com

Orange's tossed aside

CDNCuse

Walk On
So Mike Waters said that Syracuse would be in to see Newton and Jackson. Which led someone to ask the obvious question: where will find scholarships for these kids? I am sure his response is what everyone on here was thinking but I thought I would post anyways because people will be arguing over who will stay or go all winter:

I think the obvious answer is Oshae. Many have said QG could be a 1 and done based on his goals. HW could be passed in the guard pecking order and transfer out. JC could have a super sophomore year and be out like MCW. Bras being kept on the bench and him going back somewhere down south. There are a good number of scenarios where numbers could potentially free up.

Lots of room for roster movement after next season.

If OB doesn't leave this year, he is almost certainly gone next year.
If Sidibe and HW aren't contributors this season, I could see either or both being gone.
We've got 13 kids on scholarship next year. With JB's MO on roster management there are likely to be 3 or 4 kids that don't get much run. Whether those guys can be kept happy and are willing to wait their turn and fight for more playing time the following season is always a question mark.

Every year, where will the openings come from? Every year they show up.

I saw on the recruiting board that Jesse Edwards is as good as Anthony Davis, so there's one who will leave early.

Agreed. Roster attrition happens everywhere.

If Braswell / HW don't play, then I'd view them as likely transfer candidates. Lots of other possibilities for 'ships to open up, too.

In the article on Jalen earlier this week Jalen is quoted talking about Elijah coming back as the team leader. The omission of Oshae in those comments was glaring.

In the article on Jalen earlier this week Jalen is quoted talking about Elijah coming back as the team leader. The omission of Oshae in those comments was glaring.

At the time of the interview, Jalen didn't know what Oshae's plans were.

Even Oshae doesn't know what Oshae's plans are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom