Oregon Prediction Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Oregon Prediction Thread...

Mookie Jones - 86
Fred Jones - 73

CAB63EB5-74D9-4029-AD8E-B4F721BB42F5.gif

Has 2 Bols: 7*
Needs Akok: 7*
(yes, I even censor some of my scores this season, to try to be more Paschal Chuckwu)

Last edited:
No idea. Can’t tell if we are in a shooting funk or if we are really going to be bottom 50 in the nation again. Can’t tell if the team will show up with effort or not. Don’t know if our three main offensive threats can play within a team concept or not. Also know nothing about Oregon...

So I’ll say:
Syracuse 66
Oregon 59

I just want a fun game I loathe these OBE rock fights looking forward to a matchup where talent goes head to head. Can't wait to move down to some good seats and watch this in 12 hrs.

No idea. Can’t tell if we are in a shooting funk or if we are really going to be bottom 50 in the nation again. Can’t tell if the team will show up with effort or not. Don’t know if our three main offensive threats can play within a team concept or not. Also know nothing about Oregon...

So I’ll say:
Syracuse 66
Oregon 59

From my SU basketball Preview:

OREGON: The Ducks were 23-13 last year, 10-8 in the Pac 12. They wound up in the NIT after being in the Final Four a year ago. They can score, too, 78.3ppg. They are a little more acquainted with defense, (than Iowa): 72.4ppg. They have four returning starters and top 5 recruiting class that includes Bol Bol, Maunte’s 7-2, (7-8 wingspan), 235 son, who “is a much bigger scoring threat than his father.” Per his coach, Dana Altman, “He runs good, catches it great. He’s got a good touch and is a good passer”. They have another five-star forward, Louis King, (6-9 205), who is trying to get over an injury. He “possesses good passing ability and a solid jumper.” Francis Okoro (6-9 235), “gives the Ducks a physicality in the post that they missed last season.” Four-star Miles Norris (6-10 210) “has upside”. Kenny Wooten (6-9 220) blocked 92 shots. Paul White (6-9 235) averaged 9.4p/3.5r). So they have plenty of size to match our line-up, which was the tallest in the country last season.

They are no slouch in the backcourt, either. 6-2 guard Payton Pritchard (14.5p/4.8a) runs the show while “Bouncy sophomore” Victor Bailey, (6-4 6.7ppg) exploded in the NIT for 23 points against Rider. “His athleticism is off the charts”. Grad transfer Kaleb Amin (6-4 200), led the nation in steals last year with 3.4. Will Richardson, (6-5), is a 4 star guy out of Oak Hill. “He’ll have a chance to contribute right off the bat, particularly if he can provide the consistent 3 point threat the Ducks lacked last season.” That may be the key to beating this team. I think they can be zoned. Then there’s their youth: Altman said “I love the talent of the new guys. I think they’re really good. But it’s going to take some time. They’re freshmen. They will adjust at different speeds.” Kind of like our team last year.

I just want a fun game I loathe these OBE rock fights looking forward to a matchup where talent goes head to head. Can't wait to move down to some good seats and watch this in 12 hrs.

Actually, last night's game was an entertaining up-and-down-the-court game. We just lost it, so the result was unpleasant. It was not an old-fashioned WWF-in-the-paint Big East battle.

wasn't really impressed with the ducks last night. can't believe they were #13.

luke jackson 72/ luke jackson 76

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom